Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go720 in a Volvo V70 ...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go720 in a Volvo V70 ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gareth71
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Go720 in a Volvo V70 ... Reply with quote

'Ey up.

I'm trying to come up with an elegant but useful solution to mounting a Go720 into a Volvo V70. At the moment I'm thinking one of two things - either a Brodit Proclip that hangs off the side of the centre console alongside the pop-out cupholder to the left of the audio controls ... or perhaps just somehow sticking a Brodit mount straight to the lovely flat surface of the cupholder itself.

My question is this - I don't want to start drilling into the vehicle's dash, so if I decide to go for the second option can anyone recommend a decent source of double-sided adhesive pads that would be strong enough to take the weight of the unit hanging off the mount?

Thanks.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year is your Ovlov as I use the same model of vehicle, you will find some details on fitting Brodit kit to the car in This thread, the Pro-Clip I used for the iPhone is about the worst ever clip I have installed to a car and certainly wouldn't recommend it, the iPhone holder is great just the Pro-Clip for the position next to the radio in the V70 is a joke to install.

The other Pro-Clip I use for the 940 couples to the structure around the center air vents, this is a much better solution - for a 720 you should look at the Car-Comm mount see Here which can attach to a Pro-Clip for your vehicle - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homebase or B+Q do a range of strong sticky pads now. I noticed them last time I was in one of them.
gareth71
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, it's a 2005 V70 - the 'facelift' version of the mk.2. I did think about the Proclip that sits across the centre vents - I used to use a vent mount (albeit on the right-hand-side vent rather than the middle) for my old TT One. I discounted it, though - the Go720 is a little bit too wide to fit nicely into the space that my One used to occupy - and I don't like the idea of pretty much blocking off the air from the central vents. Also, the centre vent panel seems to be made of a much flimsier material than that in my old (mk.1) V70 - if I give a little exploratory 'push' on the top edge where the Proclip would hook over, there's quite a lot of give to it - not sure I'd trust it!

I don't think I like the look of the Carcomm cradle - a bit too big and bulky for my liking. If I used the Tomtom a lot, I can see the advantages of a wired-in solution like that - but I don't use it often enough to make that a consideration, really.

Andy - thanks for the tip re. Homebase and B&Q. Will check them out.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: