Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom car kit for 2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom car kit for 2210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrMrMr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: TomTom car kit for 2210 Reply with quote

I have just recieved my TomTom car kit for my 2210. very impressed so far with the options, its why I bought it, rather than have one mounting option this gives many. a couple of things though

I thought the power cable was the type that plugs into the bottom of the 2210 (like a USB sync cable type) can you get spares of these? they are of the type with a jack on the end, just incase need another one in future or a longer one for example, if so where from please?

Does the green LED on the cradle just show that it has power, ie not a charging LED.

There was talk about being able to wire it to the cars perm live system, but all I got in the pack was the cig lighter to connect to the cradle so I would I do this? It is on a FAQ on the car kit section about the kit being supplies with a permanent cable and a cig lighter cable, I only got the cig lighter one.

In the pack there was a couple of options to mount it on the dashboard using sticky pads, my question is I change my car every year and so sticky pads is a better option than screwing them as I would have to apy for this (how can you "repair" screw holes? seems a better fixing option) what would I use as a replacement for the sticky pads? where can I get them from what will stick to the dashboard securely, I dont want my Ipaq to fall!

Anyone else got a car kit TomTom, which fixxing do you use, what do you think, any comments you can give me please
cheers
MrMrMr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh no I had a good thread here that had some info I needed in, can all those who posted before server update and others pls post here

thanks
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got everything they say would be in the box: cradle, cable for permanent power, cig lighter, windshield suction mount, vent mount, dashboard mount, charging cable for bluetooth gps receiver.

for extra cable, i suggest you ask tomtom from their support page. i have asked questions there and they reply within 48hrs or so.

i personally like and use the vent mount as the height is just right for my vehicle. i don't have to move my eyes so much to look at the screen. but i don't intend to move it from vehicle to vehicle like you require.
MrMrMr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Ace, All I go tin box was cradle
cig charger
windshield suction mount
vent mount
dashboard mount
screws

I didnt get a cable for permanent power, or a GPS charger. Was your pack thr one for the 2210? I have read a few different sites all seem to have different things in. I emailed Amazon where i got it and they are sending another out, but the one I got seemed new and all wrapped etc.

I have emailed TT with questions on Mon but no reply yet so am still waiting, Amazon have been good are allowing me to send back free and sending me new one for free, only trouble is its gonna be 2 weeks

anyone else?
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's for 2210. but looking at tomtom's product page for the tomtom car kit, it now only indicates the following as in the box:

TomTom Car Kit
A) Universal windscreen mount
B) TomTom Car Kit/TomTom Holder
C) PDA charge cable for cigarette lighter
D) Mounting plate for TomTom Car Kit

no mention of the permanent power cable. disappointing.
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they still say in the product feature page that it can be wired through the cig lighter or permanently, so they might be able to supply you with the proper cable. goodluck.
MrMrMr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh thats what I seen, a description and then on the data sheet it was different. I have questioned TT but nowt yet, Where did you get yours from?

As I said Amazon hve just presumed that items were missing in the boxand have ordered a new one for me, I may as well try this, but before PGPS server went down there was a post from someone in the post saying he didnt get the perm cbl and emailed TT and got it from them, but why am I not getting it in the boc? you say you also go the GPS power lead as well, thats 2 leads missing from mine to yours.

Do you know if your able to get another (longer if poss) cig charger for the TT cradle? if so where from? just I think I'm gonna use the windscreen one and could do with a longer lead

cheers
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got mine in january from a website in switzerland, www.pcp.ch.

don't know why you don't have the permanent power cable, maybe they started supplying it only upon request.

i doubt if you can get a longer cig lighter cable. but you should be able to get an extension cord like in http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10101&AID=10273849&productId=4587&TID=101&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&PID=673632.
MrMrMr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that, I hqve found one like it in the UK and is only a few pound, think I'll get one for when I put it in cheers

confusing even from TT about what you get and what you should get, even phoned TT support but was on hold for 15mins and got bored

I'll have to wait for email
cheers
MrMrMr
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got a reply from TomTom and they said it doesnt include the perm cable..mmm... not what they say on there data sheet for car kit which I downloaded, but now cannot find on their website!?!

I have questioned them back, and attached the datasheet, also a moderator in here said he had a TT car kit in right now for review and got the perm cable in the box.

If you dont get it then I have sent back my car kit to Amazon for no reason and am being charged and inconvienced by what I have read on the TT datasheet.

any moderators reading..?.. could you ask TT, I can attach the datasheet somewhere for you pls, you may get a better answer coming from you

cheers
a4ace
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the product feature page, they said it can be wired permanently. you can argue that without that cable, you can't wire permanently.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: