Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A few questions from a new user.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A few questions from a new user.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boblister
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: A few questions from a new user. Reply with quote

I bought a Satmap A10 yesterday and still getting used to it. But just a few questions that I cant seem to find answers for.

If I plug the USB lead into a PC or USB type power supply does this power the A10 and override the AA batteries? I know this happens with most battery operated devices equipped with a USB port.

I have set the screen to power down after 3 mins of inactivity. Is there a way to switch into this screen off mode instantly. It would make sense if I was taking a quick look at the display to be able to turn it off and put back in the case without the risk of the joystick moving to planning mode which is inhibited when the screen is off I believe.

Probably got a few more questions as I get deeper into it.
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: A few questions from a new user. Reply with quote

boblister wrote:
.....If I plug the USB lead into a PC or USB type power supply does this power the A10 and override the AA batteries.....

I am assuming standard disposable batteries. Probably, but I think it will depend on the state your batteries and the PC you have. The USB spec. allows a maximum voltage of 5.25V and a minimum voltage of 4.75V and fully charged disposables X 3 will produce around 4.8V so in a worst case scenario I would guess you might draw power from the batteries. This assumes the Satmap does not limit the incoming voltage, you'll need to speak to them to get a definitive answer.

Standard NiMH do seem to take a small charge when connected to the PC and definitely hold their charge while connected.

boblister wrote:
... Is there a way to switch into this screen off mode instantly. ...

Not as far as I am aware. It has been discussed elsewhere and might be in the wish list.
davidor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have set the screen to power down after 3 mins of inactivity. Is there a way to switch into this screen off mode instantly. It would make sense if I was taking a quick look at the display to be able to turn it off and put back in the case without the risk of the joystick moving to planning mode which is inhibited when the screen is off I believe.

I set my timeout on the screen for 30 secs. When actually using it, it stays lit as any input wakes it up or keeps it awake. If it does go out when looking at it, it is easy enough to tap a button to being it back instantly.
boblister
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have set it to 30 secs timeout as that seems the best advice so far.

Getting the LiPol battery and charger so that should solve my power problems making me less reliant on USB when using it in the house to set routes etc.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: