Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT3 BT GPS Permanent Power Operation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT3 BT GPS Permanent Power Operation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce_Hall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: TT3 BT GPS Permanent Power Operation Reply with quote

TT3 BT GPS Permanent Power Operation

I am one of the lucky Crying or Very sad to receive my BT GPS receiver without the docking cradle, which had the very usefull option of permanent wiring into the car's power.

Being a bluetooth unit, the idea was to hide the receiver away (with external antenna). I might be alone here, but turning the GPS receive on and off is a bind. I prefer it simple, when the car's on, the GPS is on.

So anyone who does happen to use the cradle with permanent power, does the GPS receiver power on and off with the car's ignition?
(assuming it running off switched power)

Would hate to g through all the effot to find out it's just another charger. Without the ignition sync, I may as well just leave it plugged into the charger.

Anyone who does have a cradle, but chooses not to use it, please drop me a line, as I am trying to buy one.

I know TomTom has stopped producing/supplying them, but I have heard from one of the suppliers, there is a new permanent wiring kit on the way.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't own a TT BT GPS, but I thought they come with a software on/off button. When it loses power (for example if you connect it to ignition) and then gets power again, don't you have to push the button anyhow?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without the cradle you're stuck, they have as Lutz stated a software On/OFF button. If coipled to 12v and left ON it will remain ON when 12v is switched OFF until the battery discharges. And then when 12v is re-applied it would need to be switched ON again Rolling Eyes

For your stated use the Deluo Black Box would have been better Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: