Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New TomTom 730 more questions
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New TomTom 730 more questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: New TomTom 730 more questions Reply with quote

First I must say that this device has suprised me Laughing It ran ' out of the box'. It takes seconds to get a fix indoors away from a window. It has happily accepted the latest downloaded maps (so easy - but lengthy) and the latest software update. The menus are really easy to follow and the keyboard and other touch icons work just at the right pressure.

Three minor problems so far : the window mount was so difficult to move (the ball and socket) that I began to believe that it was not meant to. Took quite a bit of grunt to release it initially: the traffic aerial plug would not be pushed into its socket initially so I began to believe that I was trying to put it into the wrong place. When it eventually went into the device it immediately began searching for a transmitter but as my old Navman never got a fix at my home, I did not expect the TT to do so. I will have to go somewhere where I know I can get a signal to check it out. Finally, my only small niggle with the device is the hassle in removing it from the windscreen which involves removing the two plugs. Not easy at the moment but that will probably ease as they get used.

Generally, I find this device the bees knees.....

I have tried putting some of my Balkan destinations into it and all have been correctly identified and the route is one I would normally take. Cannot wait to check it out in the summer.

One great thing I liked was the ease of uploading PGPSW safety cameras. I loaded the speed linked ones and the whole process took only about 15 minutes and that was the first time. I can see that the next lot will be even easier as I will not have to put in all the alert distances etc.

To finish, I have a couple of queries:
1. How can I change the name of favourites that I have already entered?
2. Can I load TT Home on my laptop as well as on my PC and update from either or does that cause a problem of identity?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New TomTom 730 more questions Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:

Change Preferences/ Manage Favourites select the one you need to edit then select "Rename" - I would consider using a custom POI file rather than favourites though as its more reliable and offers greater capability.

Gee-Pee wrote:
2. Can I load TT Home on my laptop as well as on my PC and update from either or does that cause a problem of identity?
I don't see why not, although the device might appear "ahead" of the software versions on the other computer post an update, this will probably result in you downloading two complete sets of updates/ maps etc - Mike
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: New TomTom 730 more questions Reply with quote

Gee-Pee wrote:
Tap Screen | Change Preferences | Manage Favourites | Select Favourite | Rename.

Gee-Pee wrote:
As long as each has the same Login Details, that relate to the Device, it will be no problem.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both. Just finding my way around. ;-)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: