Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help with missing map on Tom Tom One v2
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with missing map on Tom Tom One v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richardwise
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Help with missing map on Tom Tom One v2 Reply with quote

Apologies if this has been answered, but I have searched the forums and cannot find a specific answer.
I have been uploading the speed camera database regularly with no problems.
I decided to download the latest UK map, which I purchased online. However before I could download it a message appeared informing me that I needed to free up 10mb of space. I decided not to delete voices etc, but upgrade toa bigger sd card. I copied all the info to the desktop, then back to the new card. I then started up TomTom Home and it informed me that I already had the map on my E drive.
I had not been able to do a backup as I had a new computer and installed Home on it from scratch.
Despite looking on the E drive I cannot find the map anywhere and when I start the TT it says "no maps found".
I have spent 4 hours and £40 messing about and am ready to throw thr TT out of the window.
Help!!

Richard
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

Moved to the TomTom forum, in the hope of a fuller response.
richardwise
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, on the day I posted this I also sent an email to TomTom Customer Services. I sent exactly the same text as above and within an hour I had an automated reply saying my query had been logged and would be responded to within 48hours.
Tonight I received an email with a comprehensive set of instructions. Following these took about an hour in total and at the end of that time I had everything back including the new map. All I had to do was load the PGPS cameras in the normal fashion and I was a happy bunny again.

Credit where credit is due - well done TomTom.

I have included the instructions below in case anyone has a similar problem in future.

Cheers

Richard

"Please follow the steps below in how to install your map to your TomTom device.

If you do not have sufficient space to install your Map onto your TomTom, we recommend that you obtain a new 2GB SD card with a minimum read speed of 10mb/s or higher from your local high street retailer such as PCWorld, Currys, Maplins or other high street electrical retailers etc. You can also purchase a blank 2GB TomTom SD card from our website:-

We highly recommend that you connect directly to the Internet with a network cable and not use a wireless network connection. Wireless connections occasionally drop the connection, which means that your map may not download correctly. Please note that you will need a stable and unrestricted broadband connection. If you are at the end of an exchange, you may experience an unstable connection, which can interfere with the map download.

STEP 1 Install TomTom Home 1.5

- Uninstall TomTom Home from your Computer
- Delete the following folder from your PC 'My Documents/TomTom/Home/Downloads', delete all the files and folders in this directory.

- Download and install TomTom Home - Once installed, make a FULL Backup of your TomTom device.

** IMPORTANT **
Please proceed with the next steps if you have made a full backup of your device as described in step 1. If you are unable to make a backup, please contact us immediately.

STEP 2 Format your device

- If you are using a new SD card, please insert it into your device
- Open My Computer
- Right click on the TomTom device drive and choose 'Format'
- Proceed with formatting your TomTom device.
- Select the File System as FAT 32
- Ensure that 'Quick Format' is not ticked.

- Proceed with formatting your device.

STEP 3 Install the Application via Home 1.5

- Open TomTom Home
- A list of updates should appear, make sure that the application update is the only item that is selected
- Download and install the Program Application updates, this will install the version 6 update to your TomTom
- Once complete, switch your TomTom off, safely disconnect it from the Computer, switch your TomTom back on.
- The device will load up and say 'no maps found'.
- Repeat this step until there are no further application updates.

- Once complete, close TomTom Home 1.5 from the system tray of your PC, in the bottom right hand corner of your
screen by the computer clock, right click on the red icon and choose Exit. (On a Mac, simply exit the program)

STEP 4 Install TomTom Home 2.x

- Download and Install TomTom Home 2.2
- Open TomTom Home 2.x

STEP 5 Install the Map and Voices

- Connect your TomTom to your Computer
- Open TomTom Home 2.x
- Click on 'Update my Go'
- A list of updates should appear, select the application, the map and the voices that you need.
- Click on 'Download updates'
- Once complete, switch your TomTom off, disconnect it from the Computer, switch your TomTom back on.
- The device will load up with your new map installed.

Everything from this point should now be working. If you have any issues, please make a note of what is happening and state what error messages that you get if there are any.

With Best Regards

Kevin

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: