Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New to Sat Navs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New to Sat Navs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PastorBILL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: New to Sat Navs Reply with quote

Hi being new to Sat Navs and only ever having borrowed a Garmin 200 for a day, I would now like to buy a Sat Nav.
I have narrowed it down to Tom Tom One or a Garmin 200.
It has to be under £140.
I am not sure what size to go for; larger or smaller one. I only have a small fiesta car. So a suitable size for that car.

Can you advise me on what make, even it's one I've not listed. What size? and any thing else helpful.

Many thanks.
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the forums

There is a link below which helps you compare the prices in the shops and online .
The makes Tomtom and Garmin are the makes most people recommend so you have chosen the correct ones .
I suggest you go to a shop and have a look at the Tomtom and see if you prefer the functionality of the Tomtom against the Garmin it is down to personal choice .

I would suggest you get a wide screen one if your finances will allow

http://www.find-satnav-deals.com/
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. There are a few things to consider before you decide which model you want. Do you want just UK mapping or Europe as well, do you want to be able to use it as 'handsfree' with your mobile i.e. bluetooth? If your going to just use it in the car go for a widescreen, if you envisage sticking it in your pocket and using it around town maybe a standard 3.5" would be more suitable. Garmins newest 'cheap' satnavs are the 215, 215T(traffic) and the 265.
PastorBILL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be UK only: No bluetooth, probably 3.5 but not sure and for under £140.

thanks for your help.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could get the TomTom One XL for under £120 complete with the RDS-TMC traffic receiver, there might be cheaper than this available, but its a good price for the device see Here, nice wide screen unit with the option to use Bluetooth for data via your mobile phone (no hands free though), and better still it has the all important SD card slot should you ever need to install a larger map - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: