Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom Go 530T
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom Go 530T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spikeywelsh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Tomtom Go 530T Reply with quote

hello i am new to the board and have to say this is the site i have been looking for since i got my tom tom about 3 weeks ago..

i have down loaded your POI packs but not all of them are being showen i have updated my tomtom so its all up to date anyone know what the max number is set to

sorry if this have been asked before did a serch but could not find the ans

thxs
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

169 Custom POI files is the limit for your device, count up the number of files ending with the .ov2 file extension in your map folder to work out how many you have installed - be selective as to the ones you really need and 169 should be more than enough, each individual POI category can contain thousands of individual locations - Mike
spikeywelsh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help do you know if there are any plans to up that number with any newversions of the tom tom software
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The maximum number of POI Categories has steadily increased over the years, the downside is that with too many enabled on the map slows down the screen refresh rate. 169 is the highest number we have seen so far, but there is nothing to say this might increase or even decrease in the future.

What you can do though is reduce the number of categories by using the Combine Sub Cats function on the download page. For example if you want fuel does it really matter which petrol company it is from? - the same applies to ATM's who cares which hole in the wall delivers their money, with just these two ideas you could reduce 20 or 30 POI Categories down to just two - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: