Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Will the City Navigator NT 2009 load on a C310 ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Will the City Navigator NT 2009 load on a C310 ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBL47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Will the City Navigator NT 2009 load on a C310 ? Reply with quote

I have an old, but OK (meets my needs)Street Pilot C310 that still has the original maps on.
I suppose that I ought to update the maps so I don't get lost !
Have looked on the Garmin web site but the 2009 NT does not list the C310 in either dvd or download option, so does this mean that it is not available to me ?
If this is the case then what is the latest that I can use, the 2008 issue perhaps.
Thanks

Brian
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to this page the C310 is compatible with the 2008 maps, but my 2009 DVD doesn't list the C310 as compatible I'm afraid.
BeatO
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would wait some time to make that judgement. For me it looks more like the Europe 2009 update is not yet out generally, I don't find any mentioning of a 2009-Version for Europe on garmin.com/.co.uk either. So I assume, that only very few devices have an update possibility up till now.

In the myGarmin account I don't get an update listed for my Quest2 either, but that could take them some more weeks/month to get ready, it was the same last year (and the year before...).

Perhaps they have learnt not to announce the map update until they are ready to ship it. It's not very reassuring to be able to order the 2009 maps in September and have them ready for shipping by the end of January or for the V9 even in March/April.

BeatO
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For me it looks more like the Europe 2009 update is not yet out generally, I don't find any mentioning of a 2009-Version for Europe on garmin.com/.co.uk either. So I assume, that only very few devices have an update possibility up till now.

It is out, it is ready and i have it here and it's installed. Check this page on Garmins website.

It lists many models on the DVD but the 310 isn't one of them. The 330, 340, 510 yes but not the 310. It covers all through the 2xx range up to the Nuvi 8xx series and the Nuvi 5000. Oh and the Zumo 400, 450, 500 and 550.

Quote:
In the myGarmin account I don't get an update listed for my Quest2 either, but that could take them some more weeks/month to get ready, it was the same last year (and the year before...).

The Quest range is not included in the compatibility table.

Quote:
Perhaps they have learnt not to announce the map update until they are ready to ship it. It's not very reassuring to be able to order the 2009 maps in September and have them ready for shipping by the end of January or for the V9 even in March/April.

They are ready for shipping and they are shipping them. I was told i may have to wait 4-6 weeks for it to arrive due to backlog but i got mine in 4 days. Not sure why it's not so obvious on the website. I'm sure it was before - although it does appear on the drop-down list on this page.
JBL47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, thanks for that, looks like a call to Garmin might be in order to find out.
Could another alternative be this..

Admin Edit: Link to probable pirate maps removed. PaulB2005

The seller lists the C310 so as long as that is true then perhaps it is an alternative, or is this activity frowned upon ?

Cheers

Brian
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The seller lists the C310 so as long as that is true then perhaps it is an alternative, or is this activity frowned upon ?

Well it depends on who you are trusting - Garmin and the information printed on their products, or some bloke off the Internet selling what is probably a pirate copy of the maps. I've removed the link - please don't link to stuff like this again as we have a zero tolerance to piracy here.

I'm only going on the information from garmins website and the update DVD i have in front of me. If a phone call from Garmin says the C310 is compatible and it turns out it is then that's great, but it's not what they put on the DVD cover or their website. You take the risk.
JBL47
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops sorry !

Brian
BeatO
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
It is out, it is ready and i have it here and it's installed. Check this page on Garmins website.

How did you get to that page? Going through the normal navigation on the garmin page, I always end up on the normal cartography map page, with no Europe 2009 on it, only the US 2009, or the page requesting your unit serial number.

Quote:

It lists many models on the DVD but the 310 isn't one of them. The 330, 340, 510 yes but not the 310. It covers all through the 2xx range up to the Nuvi 8xx series and the Nuvi 5000. Oh and the Zumo 400, 450, 500 and 550.

What I was trying to say is, that there were multiple versions of the update DVD made the last few years. As an example, my 2008 Update DVD (CN NT Version) for the Quest 2 is compatible with StreetPilot, c-series, i-series, 2720, 7200, 7500 and Quest 2. Not a single nüvi in on the list.

And it took them some weeks/month after having the nüvi-update on the market to get that disk out of the factory.

BeatO
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How did you get to that page?

From here originally. But you can also get to it from that drop down list which Garmin where linking to but they seem to have changed the website back.

Quote:
What I was trying to say is, that there were multiple versions of the update DVD made the last few years. As an example, my 2008 Update DVD (CN NT Version) for the Quest 2 is compatible with StreetPilot, c-series, i-series, 2720, 7200, 7500 and Quest 2. Not a single nüvi in on the list.

And it took them some weeks/month after having the nüvi-update on the market to get that disk out of the factory.

Ah, fair enough. I stand corrected. Didn't realise there was more than one version of the update!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: