Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Menu Maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Menu Maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Menu Maps Reply with quote

I started these a week or two ago, when the new revised icons were revealed at IFA last week I thought about finishing them off but am not too sure now, due to the amount of time they take to produce, anyhow the first three are shown below, note the full size versions are each around 1300 pixels wide so you will need a larger monitor to see them! - Mike

Click Here for a full size version.

Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've often thought of doing something similar, but always given up when I realised the size of the job!

Also, having seen a few different TomToms recently, the days of a "standard" menu for all models are well and truly gone!
There's no way we can confidently tell someone on the forum that an icon is on "page 7 of Preferences" any more, some only have about 5 pages and the icon positions are moved around quite a lot too.

You might be interested in THIS heroic attempt at the WHOLE menu structure (for a Go720 I think), done by a guy called "pe2dave" over at yourNav

It uses SVG which is a W3C vector graphics standard.

Firefox and Opera can view SVG natively - you'll really need some sort of zoom add-on!
The Adobe Windows/Mac viewer is a plug-in for IE/Safari which allows you to pan and zoom.
The graphic is vector based so is (almost) infinitely scalable.
(http://www.yournav.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12442 for more details and an html version if you contact him direct).

Very clever, but mind boggling!! Shocked Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: