Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Will I get the latest maps for a TomTom Go530T
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Will I get the latest maps for a TomTom Go530T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graham_bbq
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Will I get the latest maps for a TomTom Go530T Reply with quote

I'm almost ready to take the plunge and replace my Garmin I3.
I'm planning on a TomTom Go530Traffic.

Could someone please say which version of the map I am likely to find inside and which version is the newest (or best).

Also, just to clarify, are either of the above about to be replaced or have they recently been brought out.

In a nutshell, I am keen to get the latest maps.

Thanks in advance.

Graham
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way or another, you will get the latest version of the maps because if it's an older version on the device in the box, you'll have 30 days in which to use Latest Map Guarantee.

TomTom currently still have a summer sale on their maps - this was originally scheduled to end on 31 july, but it was extended with an open-ended extension.

At present, nobody knows when new maps might be released, although one member did say that TT told him that it would be at the end of the year.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long is a piece of string? The GO530 is the latest available model - it's the lowest specification of the range, the others being the GO730 and GO930 (the 30 bit at the end denotes the range).

It'll come with the latest map AND the "Latest Map Guarantee" which says if they release a new map within "a month" of you starting to use it, you can download the latest map for free.

The rest of us are sitting here waiting to see when the next new model and the next new map are arriving. The x30 range have more up to date maps than the rest of us - they have v8 maps, we have v7 and there's currently a discount offer for the v7 maps from TomTom which was originally due to end on 31st July, but which has been extended, we don't know for how long, but we then expect newer maps to be released. Frankly, however, this is all pure speculation - I certainly have no inside knowledge and I don't know anybody who has, so when the next model is coming and when the next map is coming are all guesses.

Last weekend there was a weird occurrence on the TomTom website when a new model, the GO940, appeared for a few hours and was quickly removed. We are wondering whether this was somebody at TT testing a new page, or whether it was some about to be ex-employee getting his revenge in first with a prank.

Anyway, right at this moment in time, the GO530 is the latest model and has the latest map.

Edit - as you can see, GPS_fan is both less verbose and a faster typist than I

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Graham_bbq
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both.

This is just the sort of help I need. I guess it's like most tech things - as soon as you buy a computer, another better one comes along.

I'm tempted to stick with the Garmin I3 for a while and keep my eye on the market - and this forum.

Thanks for helping me out.

Quote:
How long is a piece of string?

I always say
" Show me the string and I'll give you an estimate" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham_bbq wrote:
Quote:
How long is a piece of string?

I always say
" Show me the string and I'll give you an estimate" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

...twice half its length Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: