Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - trumpion GR1
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

trumpion GR1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostintransit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: trumpion GR1 Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
I have a trumpion GR1 about 6 months old. I have hardly used it. In the car the charger did not seem to work, although the unit would guide me from A to B on the internal battery.
I was out driving the other week using the unit on its battery, but it ran flat on the way home.
Since then I have been unable to use it, as the display has changed to a new page which asks for language, then after I accept the conditions of use, it tries to load up the European map.
It fails to do so, as a display comes up "map loading failed due to insufficient memory.

I did not get a CD disc with the unit, and all the map etc is on the supplied SD card. I have tried to get the SD card files onto my computer but with no luck so far. Perhaps a card reader might help, but if I did look at the files, I would not know what to do next!

I have since bought a Garmin, but it would be nice to get the old Trumpion working as it was ok before, and is well built.
exportman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

If you have a camera that uses the same type of card you can use that as a card reader just let window (or Unix) brows the files

Cheers#
lostintransit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello exportman,

thanks. I did try that the other day but the computer said something like "card not formatted-do you want to format it now?" I did not proceed further because I assumed I might lose everything from the card, or possibly cause a problem with the camera. Any advice is welcome.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: