Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - *** how to reinstate favourites etc to new maps ***
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

*** how to reinstate favourites etc to new maps ***

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: *** how to reinstate favourites etc to new maps *** Reply with quote

tomtom ONE W Europe v2.
have just bought and downloaded without a hitch !!! the version 7.20 w europe maps.
switched unit back on and now it asks me which country i want and have to select uk.
1. is this normal as my previous map was seamless and never had to select country even when used in spain??
2. anyway, now i have not got my favs and pois incl pgpsworld speed cams. do i need to download the database again and configure each camera?
3. and what about my pois and favs. i do have a backup of the old map and pois on an external hard disc. how would i locate the files i need and know where to paste them in??
many thanks for your advice.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Map is still "seamless" for navigation. All they have done is make choosing a destination easier by restricting the "search" it does to one country.
Once you've selected it once, you don't need to do it again, unless you want a different one. Works very well, I think.

All POI files have to be located in the map folder for the map they are to be used with.
So unless "Home" has done it for you, you need to copy all the .ov2 files for the camera database and any other POIs you've added (along with their matching .bmp icons and optional .ogg voice files) from the old map folder to the new one.

Your favourites are stored in the "MapSettings.cfg" file in the map folder.
So long as you are on the same machine, just an updated map, you should be able to copy that file from the old map folder to the new one too.
The warning settings for the camera POIs are also saved in this file.

(BTW, I think all of this is in the "TomTom FAQs" topic. Have you not seen it? Lots of important stuff there.)
tonygold
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks andy. will give it all a go now.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: