Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - loads of Gatso locations coming into Favorites
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

loads of Gatso locations coming into Favorites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsharrock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: loads of Gatso locations coming into Favorites Reply with quote

I have a Garmin200 and just started using Ash camera manager,I,m pleased with the way it works and alerts at all cameras - the only annoying fault is when I go to favorites in garmin I have dozens of Gatso locations like GASTSO:49#30.
I use camera manager which puts all the gpx files into my folder C:\poi (which also has my poi's for shops,fuel,food etc) then i use POI loader to load. Am I doing something wrong
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: loads of Gatso locations coming into Favorites Reply with quote

in favourites?! they should be added to where to / extras / custom pois

MaFt
rsharrock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: some Gatso's going into favorites Reply with quote

I know the Gatso's should be going into extras but they are not - all my poi's are loaded to garmin device and I have europe maps on sd card, should I perhaps try loading all to sd card
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick question: are you using POI Loader to transfer the files across? Or are you copying/pasting the gpx files onto the unit?

you MUST use poi loader!

MaFt
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsharrock does say

Quote:
then i use POI loader to load

rsharrock - Could you check to see if there are any GPX files on your Nuvi at all?
rsharrock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Gatso locations coming into favorites Reply with quote

Hi PaulB2005 thanks for helping me - yes in my main Garmin folder I have a folder called gpx which has 1 file current.gpx. I have tried using notepad to delete the dozens of Gatso only locations in this file (which also has my favorites in,) but the Gatso's all come back again.
rsharrock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Gatso's in favorites Reply with quote

Hi to MaFt, thanks for replying - I am using poi loader to load from my c:\poi folder which has all my poi's in plus the cameras which get loaded by ash camera manager
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you move the current.gpx from your Nuvi to your PC and restart the unit?

Can you tell me how many GPI files you have?

Usually in Garmin/POI folder?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the latest version of POILoader from here??
rsharrock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Gatso locations in favorites Reply with quote

hi PaulB2005 thanks for the help - I cut the file current.gpx from garmin to PC and unplugged,started garmin and the same gatso's in favorites,plugged back to pc-the file had come back,so then cut folder gpx from garmin but this also comes back with all gatso's.
I have 1 file poi.gpi which is in my SD card folder garmin/poi its 9.08mb - the poi.gpi in original garmin is empty.

I have just downloaded the latest POIloader from where you linked.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you switch on are you asked anthing along the lines of, do you want to make the data on the SD card availible even when the card is removed?

What happens if you remove all the POI.GPI files and the SD card and delete all the favourites using the Delete All Favourites option under Tools, My Data and then load the camera database to the unit and NOT the SD card?
rsharrock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Gatso's in favorites Reply with quote

hi PaulB2005 - did as you said,when turning on get asked new extras on card(even tho installed POIloader to Garmin) and answered no - but now have no favorites only garmins head offices. I need my old favorites -what is next
rsharrock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Gatso's in favorites Reply with quote

hi Paul just tried copying all my favorites from saved current.gpx on PC into empty garmin current.gpx using POIedit and all is well on turning on,
so its thanks to you I can carry on as normal. well done
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. It's a weird one. I don't think anyones reported the problem before hence it was difficult to troubleshoot..

Personally i find it much better to store the Favourites as POIs. I only use the Favourites when i find something to add when out and about and then transfer to POIs when at home. Much easier to edit and manage too...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: