Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HP Ipaq 314 camera warning - IGo
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HP Ipaq 314 camera warning - IGo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: HP Ipaq 314 camera warning - IGo Reply with quote

I have both the Pocketgpsworld and the speed cameras that came with the unit. On a run today, on going past a speed camera, I got a warning box up and a beeping noise.
Question - is this coming from the PGPSW cameras or the built in ones? In fact, I took off the ones from this site and went for a run past a speed camera and got the display and audible warning.
So the question is do the built ones from here also give an audible warning or just a visible one? Saves me a trip past the speed camera again!!!!
Thanks
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: The mystery deepens! Reply with quote

Went for a run with just the cameras from here. Didn't show up at all! Anyone any idea why? The inbuilt ones do and with a warning. They are apparently not so up to date as the ones on here so I would rather use the ones from here.
Thanks
Doug
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Is this the right way to do it? Reply with quote

Right - have I done this right? I downloaded the IGo consolidated by type database. Extracted it and then, after removing the files already in the Content/Speedcam/ folder put these files in there. Have a tick in the Enable speed cameras box yet nothing appears on going past a camera.
What else have I to do please?
Doug
PS - this is the instructions as posted:-
1. Connect unit to PC (may require installation of Active Sync)
2. Use 'Explore' to browse the unit
3. Go to the following folder depending on device:
* MyGuide: \Flash Disk\MyGuide\POI\SPEEDCAM
* iGO 8: \Storage Card\iGO8\CONTENT\speedcam
4. Remove any files currently in this folder:
* MyGuide: SpeedCam.spdb, SpeedCamUpdates.spdb and PGPSW text files
* iGO 8: SpeedcamUpdates.spud and PGPSW text files
5. Copy the extracted .txt files to this folder (excluding 'release.txt' and 'license.txt')
6. You may need to 'soft reset' the unit

Is this saying that the files should be on the Storage card rather than the main drive? Mine on on the unit hard drive.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, they need to be on the storage card.

when you first add them and reload the software it should (at least in igo8 oem) take a bit longer to load and during the status text in the bottom corner mention about updating the database

MaFt
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right. On my SD card, which is not needed to use the unit, there are no folders for anything - this is why I asked about the SD card instructions. All the inbuilt speed camera files are in a folder on the unit i.e. Nav/content/speedcams/
Really sorry about these questions - not really sure whether the Ipaq 314 uses IGo 8 as it is or whether HP have messed about with it i.e. a barstardised version. I think it is.
What I need please is someone who has this unit and using the database from here to tell me how it is setup and what they actually get on the screen. I have asked on other forums but no advice yet.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: