Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which phone/maps?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which phone/maps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandgrounder007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Which phone/maps? Reply with quote

Hello first post so here goes, I'm looking for a new phone and fancy one that will work as a satnav and bluetooth the verbals to a Scala Teamset headset inside a crash helmet. Is there a product that doesn't req a subscription? (Except normal rental & call charges) i.e. one that works like my Tomtom.
By the way does anyone know how to get my headset to connect to my TT910? I enter the 0000 it says it's connecting, then gives a message that it "cannot connect to the hifi device" The manufacturers in the USA say to try a paper clip reboot, any ideas?
Thanks.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

Can't answer the first part but as to the headset/TT920 issue I think you will find that the BT connectivity provided by the TT920 is purely for use as a hands-free device for a BT phone. That is, it doesn't support the BT profile allowing you to connect a BT headset to it's audio output.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A PDA based phone with integral GPS will offer the best choice for software to run on the device, TomTom, Route 66, Co-pilot and I-Go are just a few to consider for the software. For hardware the O2 XDA Orbit-2 or soon to be released Vario-IV from T-Mobile are worth considering. You can route the audio from the PDA phone to your helmet setup with a little bit of tweaking (add a CAB file to get working). As for a TomTom PNA device the only Bluetooth audio output that will work correctly is A2DP and even that isn't without major issues.
There is a dodge to get some expanded capability out of the Bluetooth on the TomTom PNA devices but I have yet to try it - I will report back later if it does let the PNA connect to a headset but I doubt it will to be honest - Mike
Sandgrounder007
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for my sins I've bought a Nokia 6110 navigator with Route 66 maps.Questions:- Will this show speed cameras? if not I'm about to subscribe and put pocketfps cameras onto my Tomtom, can anyone tell me if the same programme work on the the phone?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: