Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Loading GPS Database onto CoPilot 7
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading GPS Database onto CoPilot 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickpa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Loading GPS Database onto CoPilot 7 Reply with quote

Sorry but I am a real numpty when it come to trying to load the database onto my CoPilot 7. I have the following problems:

a. Its says download the CSV file but there are 6 different camera files and 6 different bmp file. what do I need to do?

b. I deleted all file in the relevant folder that started with ao as directed and replaced them with the 12 files as above. The update seemed to work but there are no cameras on the map when I run through a previous journey. Any Ideas?

c. The custom POI is grayed out and I can not tick the box in the POI section to show on map. Any ideas?

d. The safety camera button in the setting menu is grayed out and so I can not select it. Any Ideas?

Many thanks in advance for any help of assistance you may be able to offer. I can not try the system running as I am overseas at the minute, maybe it will be ok but thought that I owuls ask anyway.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you restarted CP7 did it come up with a green bar in the middle of the screen saying it was processing updates or something like that?

MaFt
nickpa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt

Thanks for the v prompt response. Yes it did It said it was intergrating the updates.

Nick
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've not got CP7 installed at the moment so this is from memory, i believe the speed cameras come under custom poi's rather than actual speed cameras. they still work as expected though.

MaFt
nickpa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again. I think that you are right the only problem being that when you enter the settings menu and navigate to the POI section the whole of the line where the custom POIs is on the menu is grayed so you can not tick the box. Any ideas?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are they all greyed out or just the custom pois one?

MaFt
nickpa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the POI!
rowejmc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have experienced exactly the same thing. In my case I deleted the AO files and replaced them with only the CSV files. On restarting Copilot 7 speed cameras were visible.

The custom POI is also greyed out so I can't turn it on or off. I have enabled safety cameras though.

On my way to work I pass over the A11 where two mobile cameras are known to sited. The cameras are visible but I had no warning. As I only loaded the database last night I haven't had chance to test it properly so am hoping the warning didn't kick-in due to the direction I was travelling i.e. not on the A11 but over it.

One other thing I've noticed is that although the safety camera icon is as per the original Copilot symbol, if you click on it it says it is a Custom POI (not a Safety Camera POI).
nickpa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: HELP Reply with quote

I still have had no luck with transferring the database. I have reinstalled the ALK one and it works fine. I tried had another go at deleting the AO files and replacing with the GPS datbase file but no luck again and the safety camera button in the settings menu is still grayed out. We keep talking about .csv files hin the forum but the files I transfer are excel spreadsheet files! Any help appreciated.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csv files will, by default, open with excel hence the simiar icon to excel. if you right-click the file and look at its proerties you will see that it is actually a csv file

MaFt
nickpa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info do you have any other advice as to how I might get the system working using the gps database, given the problems I am having. VMT
nivek22
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickpa wrote:
whole of the line where the custom POIs is on the menu is grayed so you can not tick the box. Any ideas?

I believe that's normal.

Goto Menu, settings, Safety Alerts. Tick the box and select a distance to be warned at.
np947
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: HELP Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, but with I try to load the GPS database the safety alerts button is also grayed out !!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: