Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - If I update 920T from 7.220 can I revert back later?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

If I update 920T from 7.220 can I revert back later?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goto10
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: If I update 920T from 7.220 can I revert back later? Reply with quote

Currently have a new 920T with 7.220 (I know I know, 930 is due), has 30 day latest map guarantee but TomTom home won't believe 710.1576 isn't the latest version (I can see 715 in the list of maps available to buy) - so I'm wondering if it's because I need to put 7.481 on first (I've logged issue with TomTom but they're not replying), I have taken a complete backup of the device using Windows Explorer - if I update to 7.481, will this backup put the device completely back to where it is now?

Also wondering - latest map guarantee states only 1 update can be had - I'm wondering if a map update will be released along with 930's release (For the advanced lane guidance and whatnot) - if so is it worth hanging on to see if an update to supersede 715 comes along..?
Cheers.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you've got 100% everything copied using Explorer, then the way to get it back to where it is now, is to Erase everything from the TT, then copy it all back (e.g. just in case it creates a new file which wouldn't be overwritten by simply copying over).

Your latest Map Guarantee is 30 days from first use, so your hanging on time clock is already counting down. I'm doing the same with my new ONE 3rd Edition, only I haven't yet registered it with TomTom so my hanging on time clock may not have started yet. I heard Darren was going to TomTom presentation yesterday and hoped it would be v8 firmware and maps, but it wasn't. So now for the balancing act. In your case, you may already be having the problem of the guarantee not working properly, meaning you may have to chase it up from TomTom - in that case, you need a copy of your purchase receipt to prove both ownership AND date of purchase to attach with your contact message.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: