Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Importing POI's to Mapsource
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Importing POI's to Mapsource

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HEAVENLY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Importing POI's to Mapsource Reply with quote

For the life of me I can't get POI's (CSV) to import via POI loader.

POI loader says that it's loaded the POI but in mapsource no joy what so ever.

I can only import them as a waypoint, that's just crazy.

Also how do you import symbols.

Thanks

Garmin Legend CX
Burn180
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to do this yesterday, with no luck Sad I would also like to import the speed cameras but it won't let me. Anyone have any ideas?
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burn180 wrote:
Anyone have any ideas?

MapSource can't read .csv files - you will need to convert them to something it can read, such as .gpx format.
missing_user

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of POIs are you trying to place into Mapsource [the PC program for Garmin]?

How many POIs are involved[the speed cameras database slows the Mapsource program down]?

The Mapsource program would then transfer them as waypoints to the unit and slow that down! There are more Speed Cameras than the units can handle as waypoints - 10,000.

The POI loader is for loading POI's directly to the Garmin units without going through Mapsource.

The Speed Camera database is already available as a .gpx file for viewing on the PC.

Any POIs you have, will not be added to the Garmin 'in-built' POIs within CityNavigator/TOPO.
missing_user

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burn180 wrote:
I was trying to do this yesterday, with no luck Sad I would also like to import the speed cameras but it won't let me. Anyone have any ideas?

Just download the Speed Camera database in .gpx format or .gdb format for viewing on the Mapsource program, providing you have the CityNavigator/TOPO/Metroguide/CitySelect software.

It is available in Garmin 'OTHER' rather than Garmin POI.

The GPRS overlay will also show the cameras and not slow up the program, but again you need the Garmin maps.
Rofa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strumble wrote:
Burn180 wrote:

Just download the Speed Camera database in .gpx format or .gdb format for viewing on the Mapsource program, providing you have the CityNavigator/TOPO/Metroguide/CitySelect software.

It is available in Garmin 'OTHER' rather than Garmin POI.

The GPRS overlay will also show the cameras and not slow up the program, but again you need the Garmin maps.

I'm new to this so bear with me please. I have a Garmin 296 and City Navigator and joy of joys I can now use my Mac. I believe that the Mac will handle .gpx files but I've never done it. So what exactly happens here - does it overlay the CityNavigator map with the cameras so that when I upload a segment of map the cameras are uploaded with it? I'm in Finland by the way - and Spain quite often. Any help, advice comments gratefully received.
Burn180
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I can now put the speed cameras into mapsource. I'm using city navigation 2008 NT on a garmin 760 series. Does anyone know how to get the speed camera pictures into mapsource because all I get is a grey square.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: