Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nokia 6120 handsfree problem with Tomtom 720
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nokia 6120 handsfree problem with Tomtom 720

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitesurfersands
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Nokia 6120 handsfree problem with Tomtom 720 Reply with quote

Hello

I have a Tomtom 720 and have tried linking it up with my Nokia 6120 via bluetooth. It works fine for outgoing calls and transfering my phone book. Incoming calls is the problem. I can accept the call but when I do I cant hear the caller and they cant hear me.

Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks

Dave
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try doing a reset on the 720 - hold the reset button in for 30 seconds. It cured mine when I had a similar problem.

Andy
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying it is in your case, but that MIGHT be one of the standard hardware faults with the 520/720. Does the person at the other end hear "buzzing"? (If so try a "search" of this forum for the word "buzzing" to find all the similar reports)
If so, it's a duff unit. Either scream and shout in the shop to get it replaced*, or it will mean accepting a "repair" from TomTom.

*Actually, being polite but (very) firm usually works better.... I've just never managed it for long myself! Laughing
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Nokia 6120 handsfree problem with Tomtom 720 Reply with quote

kitesurfersands wrote:
Hello

I have a Tomtom 720 and have tried linking it up with my Nokia 6120 via bluetooth. It works fine for outgoing calls and transfering my phone book. Incoming calls is the problem. I can accept the call but when I do I cant hear the caller and they cant hear me.

Thanks

Dave

I have a 6120 classic and cant get the phonebook to work with my TomTom but i have the 710. Did you have to change any settings to get it to copy the phonebook. Sad
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
kitesurfersands
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No didn't change any settings, the phonebook just imported when it gave me the option when I first connected the phone.
kitesurfersands
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the suggestions. There is no buzz, just silence.

Has anyone been able to solve this one??
nick7130
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently purchased a TT520 and have a similar problem, in that the caller cannot hear me or there is constant interferance which renders the hands-free feature useless. The phone is compatable and have tried all attempted soluctions from TT website on here.

Having owned a TT Go classic since 2004, I was a little disappointed to find the TT520 was not that much od an improvement. The speaker for a start seems a lttle weak and not as clear as my previous model.

Would also like to hear a soluction from anybody else.

Have written to retailer regarding a replacement, see what happens.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the interference on hands-free... This is a common fault with a LOT of x20 machines. TT insist it is a software issue (but don't seem to be in a rush to produce new software that fixes it).
It screams out that it is really a hardware fault - units that have come back from the repair centre up North, have documentation that mentions replacing FETs (field-effect transistors).

Yet another issue TT are keen to hush up rather than admit?

As for the speaker quality, I'm afraid that's just physics. A smaller, flatter speaker is going to sound worse than a bigger one.

We were spoilt by the excellent audio quality of the old models, (I'm an audio engineer and STILL wince every time I hear the horrible distorted TTS voices on my 720), but I guess TT needed to produce something thinner and more "modern-looking" or lose market share.
twotonemark
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Nokia 6120 handsfree problem with Tomtom 720 Reply with quote

kitesurfersands wrote:
Hello

Thanks

Dave

Dave,

Have you solved the no 2-way audio on incoming calls? I have the 6120 and bought my TT720today and am gutted with this problem.

Thanks in advance.
JoyP
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also got a "hands-free problem". I connected my new TT 520 to my mobile phone (motorola Z3) without any problem, it imported my phonebook and every time I had the phone in the car and turned on the TomTom it announced that it was connected to the phone. So far so good, but then I received a call - and after about thirty seconds the bluetooth connection was lost. I ended the call, but then the connection came and went. I deleted the phone from the TomTom, and tried to re-establish it, but half-way through searching for the phone I get an error message, followed by an announcement that I can now use my phone - but it is not connected! Very weird, and I am about to give up and decide that I can't use the hands-free feature, which is a shame.

By the way, when the incoming call came, I didn't hear a ring or anything, the voice was just there. Is this normal?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately that phone is not on TomTom's (rather pathetic) compatibility list, so anything that does work is a bonus...
You can view the list here:
http://www.tomtom.com/phones/compatibility/?intProduct=19
JoyP
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Unfortunately that phone is not on TomTom's (rather pathetic) compatibility list, so anything that does work is a bonus...
You can view the list here:
http://www.tomtom.com/phones/compatibility/?intProduct=19

So why could I connect it the first time? It's not that important - fortunately I have quite a good bluetooth device in my car already, but it is plugged into the lighter, so if I'm using the cable for the TomTom I have to use an adaptor...

And have you an answer about the ringing , or lack of it?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only that "anything that does work is a bonus".

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: