Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera Data Base Icons and CoPilot Live 6 on XDA Orbit
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera Data Base Icons and CoPilot Live 6 on XDA Orbit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thematrix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera Data Base Icons and CoPilot Live 6 on XDA Orbit Reply with quote

I have searched the forums and can't find an answer specific to this topic so sorry if it has already been covered.

I have an O2 XDA orbit information as follows:
ROM version 1.25.206.2 WWE
ROM date 10/04/06
Radio Version 02.67.90
Protocol version 4.1.13.28
ExtROM version 1.25.206.101

I am running CoPilot Live 6 version 6.0.7.36 and have installed the PGPS Speed camera data base: UK-Speed Zoned Complete.

The problem I have is that I am getting the warning for the speed cameras via the safety alerts and the yellow box on the map. However I am not getting the icons on the map showing the location of the camera. I have renamed the OV2 and BMP files to Safetycamera. I have deleted all the 'AO.' files before placing the database in the save directory. At the same time as placing the Speed camera database I have placed some other POI's in the save directory as well and these are showing up on the map. I have ticked the boxes inside the POI alerts section. In the MAP section I have 'SHOW POI's' set to always and 'DISPLAY POI's' set to ALL POI's. I have tried uninstalling CoPilot and reinstalling an this has had no effect. Any ideas? Sorry for the long winded post but I was hoping to cover exactly what I have done and all the settings to save too many questions from people trying to help
MrGumby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you might have done wrong but can assure you that the speedcams work fine with TT6 on my Orbit. I just copy all the files to my map folder. Nothing else except for some customisation of warning distances.

Mind you, I have:

ROM version 3.4.206.2 WWE
ROM date 4/18/07
Radio Version 02.67.90
Protocol version 4.1.13.28
ExtROM version 3.4.206.101

Sounds as though you need a ROM update, but I'm not sure that will fix your speedcam problems. Have you upgraded to WM6 or still running WM5?
thematrix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I used to use the database that was all in one and that used to work but even that doesn't work now. Don't know what I have done. I am still using WM5. think I will try the fresh install again and see if that works thanks for your help. Very Happy
MrGumby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get the WM6 upgd here, if you want it:
http://www.my-xda.com/software_updates.jsp

I found I had to use IE, not FF, and disable my firewall/av temporarily to get the download.

But you shouldn't need WM6 - the speedcam warnings worked fine for me with WM5. I use the speed-zoned complete download.

Good luck!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: