Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - speed cameras for mio 268
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

speed cameras for mio 268

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John-Carter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: speed cameras for mio 268 Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I have a Mio 268 running v3.2 and I have been told by Mio that I can't update the speed cam database through their web site.

My question is this, is it ok to register here for speed cam updates and then using a card reader delete the old speed cam file and replace it with the updated one?

To me this seems a straightforward way to do it but I thought I had better ask the experts (you) if this was ok to do, if not why?

Regards

John
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a database from Mio themselves that you've been trying to update? If so, it will have no connection with the one from here, they are totally different beasts.

Anyway, the database from this site (the "PGPSW camera database") CAN be installed on a Mio 268.
The instructions are HERE

Be warned though, it does say it can be quite tricky, so take it steadily and carefully.
John-Carter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Mio 268 Reply with quote

I am not sure about the file from Mio, it is in the MSC format.
I tried the POI-Warner system a couple of years ago and I didn't get on with it so I upgraded the operating system on the Mio 268 to v3.2 to run the speed cams database. They work Ok but can't be updated on my version for some reason and that is when I came up with the idea of deleting the old MSC file and replacing it with a new updated one.
Perhaps the only way to find out is to get one and swop them after making a back up of the SD card.
Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.

regards

John
John-Carter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: wrog format Reply with quote

Sorry wrong format I meant MTC not MSC,
Fool
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Mio 710 running MioMap 3.2. I use the PGPSW database. It is a case of replacing the MIO *.MTC file with the GPSW one. The method of doing this will vary, but from your post, you should be able to do it directly on your SD card. Backup First.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: