Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 720T confusion. re cameras, maps & map share corrections
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

720T confusion. re cameras, maps & map share corrections

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keano1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: 720T confusion. re cameras, maps & map share corrections Reply with quote

Sorry if this has been done to death elsewhere but I am getting very confused about what I have got on my 720 T as regards camera updates, map updates & map share corrections.

Bought my 720T in Nov 2007, and understood(?) .......
1) that you get 'lifetime' updates for cameras without paying anymore. Is that correct? Is so how do I get them? Is it from TT HOME or mobile phone?

2) Do I have to pay for 'new' maps? I have v 705 on mine?

3) Whenever I connect to TT HOME & check for updates there is always a 'small' Map Share update to download & install. Even if I disconnect & immediately reconnect. The download is still there to be installed. This can't be right can it? Surely sometimes it should have nothing to download.

Also after 'downloading & installing' the updates the small box in the top right still says "Your map is up to date 57081 Map Share corrections in use". That figure hasn't changed for ages. What sort of corrections figures do others have?

Thanks for any help Wink
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 As I understand it you get 1 month of free updates for the tomtom safety cameras and to be honest the pocketgps safety camera data base is so much more accurate i would not even consider the tomtom one

2 Yes you have to pay to update your maps !! the current version is 7.15 at the moment you can use your latest map guarantee within 30 days of purchase to receive a free update to the latest map .
As you have exceeded 30 days I would expect it has expired but you could try to update in tomtom home.
Also be aware there is a problem with the latest software update so I would be inclined to refuse the updated software until tomtom has sorted out the problems relating to it
The update to 7.15 is not a big update of maps if it was me i would wait

3. The free map share updates lasts for one year from the date of purchase !!!to be honest I cannot check how many updates have been done at present but guess it will vary according to what preferences you have set
john877
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also don't forget to make a back of your device in windows explorer rather than tomtom home before you do any updates !!!I know you probably have done it !!!
Please don't be offended by this advice but many people fail to do this !!
keano1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you john877, I really appreciate your help & advice.

As regards making a back up of my device in Windows Explorer. I have never done it Embarassed !!!
Not sure how to . Can you give me an idea what to do please? Is it easy?

Thanks for the help.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 on the FAQs Page.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: