Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Looking For Kate.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking For Kate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EasyMoJo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Looking For Kate. Reply with quote

Hey,

I was wondering if someone could help me find the text to voice 'Kate' for the 710-910?

I dont have a copy anymore and would like to recover it.

thanks.

EMJ
Toneloc427
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to download this for free through HOME, since it is one of the standard voices.

Go to:
Add Maps, Voices, etc.
Green arrow to 3 of 4
Computer Voices
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What device do you own? if its a 910 and the Kate voice has disapeared do you have a backup? the associated files will be in the LoquendoTTS folder.
If you have a 710 then the voice isn't missing it was never supplied with that device, only the 910 has TTS out of the x10 device range.

The only way to be able to download the required files will be via TomTom support if they agree to letting you do this in the first place, the files are certainly not available on their web site as an easy locate such as Jane etc - Mike
Toneloc427
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it would be good to clarify...

There are two versions of several of the computer voices, those that came on the 910 and those now being shipped on the 720 and 920. The ones on the 910 were fairly large (~250MB), so TomTom had to use a more compressed version (~45MB) for the newer models with less memory (2-4GB, not 20GB like the 910).

The compressed versions ARE available to download for free through HOME when my 720 is connected. I don't have my 910 with me, so I can't check to see if the larger versions are available when it is connected, but my guess is that TomTom have not loaded the larger versions, as they probably want to reduce server space/bandwidth.

Unfortunately, the 910 voices do sound better, especially on the 910, given it's better speaker/cabinet, but the compressed voice will work on both units as well.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless, the 510/710 were not available with TTS voices and are not licenced to use them.
Toneloc427
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I dont have a copy anymore and would like to recover it.

This implies (to me, anywya) that he did have the voice at one time, presumably on his 910. If he has a 710, he never would have had the voice, would know that it is not enabled for TTS, and presumably would not be asking this question.

Thus, I'm assuming he has a 910, not a 710, and is entitled to load Kate for free. My apologies if I missed something that indicates otherwise.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: