Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - update 7.0.3 aaaargh
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

update 7.0.3 aaaargh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonvm960
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: update 7.0.3 aaaargh Reply with quote

Hi, new owner of an X960, really impressed with ease of use etc. and it even works in my jacket pocket on my motorcycle.... seriously useful...
One problem, the August speed camera update is the only one on it and will not update through the content manager (I'm on version 7.0.0 of course out of the box).
Just downloaded and unzipped the version 7.0.3 update patch and despite everything it will not run.... I've disable antivirus/spyware/everthing and still nothing happens on trying to run the install program.
Has anyone else had this problem?
I'm running down to Cornwall in a few days and would love an up to date camera database....
any help gratefully received...
Bertie100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: update 7.0.3 aaaargh Reply with quote

simonvm960 wrote:
Hi, new owner of an X960, really impressed with ease of use etc. and it even works in my jacket pocket on my motorcycle.... seriously useful...
One problem, the August speed camera update is the only one on it and will not update through the content manager (I'm on version 7.0.0 of course out of the box).
Just downloaded and unzipped the version 7.0.3 update patch and despite everything it will not run.... I've disable antivirus/spyware/everthing and still nothing happens on trying to run the install program.
Has anyone else had this problem?
I'm running down to Cornwall in a few days and would love an up to date camera database....
any help gratefully received...

You need to unzip it first... then click the .exe. If you've done that, download it again, as it could be a corrupt download.
simonvm960
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the reply
I've tried several new downloads as well as a couple of reboots and the same thing happens... double click on the extracted exe file and I get the merest flicker of the hourglass and then nothing... it shows up in the task manager as a running application but nothing even if left for ages!
Seems very weird to me as everyone else has got it loaded up and running fine from other forum posts.
Do you think there could be any other settings that I have overlooked?
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonvm960 wrote:
Hi, thanks for the reply
I've tried several new downloads as well as a couple of reboots and the same thing happens... double click on the extracted exe file and I get the merest flicker of the hourglass and then nothing... it shows up in the task manager as a running application but nothing even if left for ages!
Seems very weird to me as everyone else has got it loaded up and running fine from other forum posts.
Do you think there could be any other settings that I have overlooked?

Does content manager itself run fine? Just ensure nothing from content manager is running in the background and if that doesn't work in task manager try the option 'bring to foreground' it sounds for some reason as though it's not showing on the screen. (Have seen it happen with Windows before)
simonvm960
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
Very weird, content manager is working fine (apart from not updating speed camera from august version!) I've tried removing and adding poi etc. and it is ok.
Even trying to run the update with the active sync and content manager fully disabled does nothing.
When testing it with spybots extra tools to spot running processes it sees the setup.exe part of the installer running for a split second before disappearing.
I have disabled spybot of course in various attempts to get it working so am at a loss...
The zipped archive has no faults (all 5 of them that I've tried.... just in case I had a damaged archive download).
I have e-mailed viamichelin support but of course they will not be back to me until next week when I'll be travelling and needing the new camera updates....
any other ideas?
simonvm960
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
PROBLEM SOLVED!
Anyone else having this problem will post with alternative header....
On a hunch I renamed the installation file setup.exe.
Not only did it work perfectly but I also now have Novembers speed camera updates fully loaded so I am verrrrrrry happy.
Thanks for suggestions folks but this was a weirdie...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: