Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which Navigator/GPS for Australia, Sydney?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Navigator/GPS for Australia, Sydney?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrjsn4u
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Which Navigator/GPS for Australia, Sydney? Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum, and new to GPS systems. I have no idea how it works but I just know it tells you directions from and to a specific point.
Could anyone please give me a brief background or description of how it works, and PLEASE suggest and recommendations of which navigator to purchase for my car?

Kind regards,
Jason.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

Not an easy question! Well it is - but the answer could be very long indeed.

Best suggestion would be to read some of the articles on this forum or Google for it - there's plenty about. Manufacturers like GARMIN and TOMTOM have useful infoabout how PNDs work in general.

The biggest feature you need is good mapping of the locality you want to use it in. In your case, Australia. Why don't you see what manufacturers supply system that 'work' in your locality and then do some reading on these forums for user experiences with the hardware/software etc. There will probably be the odd member here from your "neck of the woods" that will be able to add specific comments.

FWIW the GARMIN nuvi 250 has an Australian version. GARMIN are reputable maker of good quality GPS and PND systems - there are many members here using them - including me! In the UK/Europe their mapping is very good - but I can't comment on the mapping for your area. You should be able to go to the GARMIN web site and look at the detail of the Australia mapping to give you some sort of idea.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: