Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom GO 920 T Now Available in Stores in the UK
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom GO 920 T Now Available in Stores in the UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: TomTom GO 920 T Now Available in Stores in the UK Reply with quote

Dec 06 2007

TomTom GO 920 T Now Available in Stores in the UK

Amsterdam - 6 December 2007. TomTom, the world’s largest portable navigation solutions provider, today announces the availability of the new TomTom GO 920 T in stores in the UK. The premium TomTom GO 920 T comes preinstalled with complete maps of 41 countries in Europe and USA & Canada on 4 GB of internal memory. The GO 920 T includes the new Enhanced Positioning Technology (EPT), which delivers a more continuous navigation experience. An RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver to receive up-to-date traffic information is included in the box.

The new TomTom flagship model features a slim high quality design with soft-touch finish, as well as a Bluetooth™ remote control that enables customers to safely operate their device from anywhere in the car without having to reach to touch the screen. Along with the new and exclusive features that the TomTom GO 920 T includes, the model comes preinstalled with the latest navigation software and features, such as:

- Large 4.3 inch touch screen with high quality graphics, an intuitive user interface and building footprints for a better overview of drivers’ surroundings;

- TomTom Map Share™ Technology: allowing users to instantly correct maps, share changes with other users, and benefit from improvements made by other users;

- TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver to give users the most-up-to-date traffic information (RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver comes in the box);

- Voice address input: to easily direct drivers to millions of cities and street names;

- Enhanced hands-free kit with high quality sound system to allow drivers to keep their eyes firmly on the road whilst making phone calls in the car;

- Extensive safety features including ‘Help Me’ menu to give drivers direct access to emergency services and roadside assistance;

- Most-up-to-date traffic information through TomTom’s Traffic subscription or through the TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver;

- Built-in FM Transmitter to play music and navigation instructions over the car stereo;

- Clear voice instructions and text-to-speech, to enable street names, places, traffic alerts and SMS messages to be read aloud as part of the spoken instructions;

- New smart & fun extras to personalize users’ devices, including recording your own driving instructions, viewing documents, exchanging positions via SMS and Bluetooth™ wireless technology and selecting a favourite car icon on the screen;

- TomTom desk dock to easily charge the TomTom GO 920 T and connect to a computer and to TomTom HOME, TomTom’s free software application;

- Free TomTom HOME software to access ready to use online services such as Safety Cameras, Traffic and Weather;

- Full range of accessories to match the design and finish of the new GO range, including a leather carry case, a soft touch carry case, iPod cable and a home charger.

The TomTom GO 920 T retails at £399.

Product technical specifications
- 4.3” widescreen 16:9 format LCD (WQVGA: 480*272 pixels)
- CPU 400 MHz, 64MB RAM
- 4GB internal flash memory
- SD card socket
- High sensitivity GPS receiver
- Compatible with RDS-TMC traffic information receiver and TomTom’s subscription based traffic service
- Integrated FM transmitter
- Bluetooth™
- Lithium-polymer battery (up to 5 hours operation)
- Optimised integrated microphone and speaker for high quality hands-free functionality
- Dimensions: 118 mm x 83 mm x 24 mm
- Weight: 220 grams
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
howie555
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try and find one in a shop, although they are available on line
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sssssh, keep it quite, if that DennisN gets to hear, the shortage will be even greater, he is getting through the GO720 faster than Halfords can find them. Shocked

Latest talk is he doesn't like a "bleating" Sat Nav! Confused

Probably too "deer" for him though. Wink
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:
Sssssh, keep it quite, if that DennisN gets to hear, the shortage will be even greater, he is getting through the GO720 faster than Halfords can find them. Shocked

Latest talk is he doesn't like a "bleating" Sat Nav! Confused

Probably too "deer" for him though. Wink
There I was, on my way to the super megga pgpsw pre-Christmas get together, whilst there's people vaining my taken name here. If you buy a car to go to work and it starts, but breaks down before you get there, how much do you earn? That's me and my phone with the GO720 - it's the only way I get work, people phone me to ask if I can do a job. When I'm driving, I have to be hands free (and have been so for the last 9 years, the last two years on a TT GO700).

If somebody can tell me how to put a Nokia phone recording (.amr file) up on a site for you all to hear, I'll do so and you can listen to what stopped a phone call and assailed me at 60mph down a motorway recently.

As for the GO920T, I see they are STILL saying .....
Quote:
a Bluetooth™ remote control that enables customers to safely operate their device from anywhere in the car without having to reach to touch the screen
But sadly this item is "Temporarily unavailable", just as it has been ever since the x20 range was first introduced! At the moment, I'm not tempted by the GO920T. Which is not to say I won't be tomorrow!! So go out there and get yours NOW, before I start. Twisted Evil (I haven't charged a Satnav against my business costs since 2005, so it's about time I did now).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: