Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sony NV-U92 - When you cannot get the safety cameras to work
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony NV-U92 - When you cannot get the safety cameras to work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
solpap
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Sony NV-U92 - When you cannot get the safety cameras to work Reply with quote

JUST TAKE THE UNIT BACK AND GET A REPLACEMENT!!!!

I bought the unit from Argos, on a quite weird deal: I ordered the NV-U82 and when I got there they gave me the NV-U92!!! And for only 165pounds! (well, 155 because I also got a 10pound voucher)! This deal is now over, the NV-U82 is 199pounds, but I suspect they will still give you a NV-U92 (it says on the bottom of the argos website that the unit may be substituted by a similar or higher sony product).

Anyway, I got the unit and was happy with it. The screen is absolutely AMAZING!. I must say I was a bit dissapointed by the Navigon software which is not as good as the one I had on my HP IPAQ rx5720, but anyway....it is ok.

One thing I didnt manage to do was to get the safety cameras working! I had them downloaded from the Sony website (which seems to work whenever it feels like it), and ActiveSync was workig fine on Windows XP. However, the menu "Advanced Safety Warnings" would not appear no matter what I tried. I contacted Sony support but it has been 10 days and still no answer.

So I took the unit back , thinking that if they give me a NV-U92 again I will try it, if not I will ask for a refund and go for the Navman S70.
They gave me a new NV-U92 and guess what: IT WORKED!. All I did was register the new product, download the file, connect the device with the computer, double click the file and that was it. Disconnect device, go to the menu and finally I has the Advanced Warnings menus!

I had tried EXACTLY the same things with the previous unit but no joy. It was working fine otherwise!

So I do hope this helps the people who are getting frustrated and desperate, like I was.

It is a real shame that Sony came up with a great devce, but the support is not on par.

Solomon

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: