Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom One Blues - **Help needed**
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom One Blues - **Help needed**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mafitso
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom One Blues - **Help needed** Reply with quote

After many many years of trusty service from my Ipaq I have finally had to bite the bullet and go integrated with a TT One as the Ipaq had developed a fault, and having had a bit of a play with the unit I can't seem to fathom out a couple of bits with it.

Can someone enlighten me how I get my POI's from the old Ipaq onto the One easily and simply. I've tried to fool it into thinking its a removable disk and write them over the top of the map but no good Sad I also can't seem to remember whether or not you could add a category on the old Navigator 5 software but certainly with the One I can't see how to.

Anyone help a confused blithering stumbling around in the dark idiot Laughing

Thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the POIs were in a POI group then to transfer the POIs just copy the .bmp and .ov2 files that relate to your POIs from the map folder on your iPaq to the map folder on your ONE.

You can create new categories by going to Change Preferences | Manage POIs | Add POI category.
mafitso
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren for the help, that seemed to do the trick, altho I've had to swap SD cards for a bigger one and re-install it all :|

I'm not sure its as intuitive as my old ipaq but I guess thats just familiarity.

Thanks for the help Smile
trevor.dowle
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mafitso wrote:
Thanks Darren for the help, that seemed to do the trick, altho I've had to swap SD cards for a bigger one and re-install it all :|

I'm not sure its as intuitive as my old ipaq but I guess thats just familiarity.

Thanks for the help :)

You have just followed the route I took about a year ago.
I found that my iPaq was beginning to lose the GPS signal far too frequently, and took ages to get a satellite lock, and ofter needed to be reset.
I managed to transfer my POI etc as Darren described, and since becoming familiar with the interface I am finding it far superior to the iPaq in every single way.
I'm sure you will too!

Trev Dowle
TomTom 730 T

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: