Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help needed with TT go 520
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed with TT go 520

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dm999uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Help needed with TT go 520 Reply with quote

Hi folks, searched like crazy but can't find a straight answer anywhere.
Before I give up and send it back for the third ime, is there anyone that can help?

Installed TT home on pc, go works fine for first day. Placed in dock at end of first day, updates downloaded etc, fine.
Second day, place go in the dock, error message along the line of I/O ......./ harddisk2/......... etc timed out. options of cancel try again continue.
No matter what, it will not connect to either Home or Home 2.
I have tried to connect using Win explorer etc, in order to do a restore using the copy I have. No joy, device will not play, however works fine on the road.
Purpose in getting the 520, mapshare etc......no connection...no use.

Am i better off just scrapping it and going to sony?

Any help greatly appreciated

Daz
duffer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem - See post TT 520 further down. I have send the problem to TomTom as well
dm999uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: seen it Reply with quote

Yes seen your other post thanks.

Seems to be a lot of conflicting advice on the solution.
Good luck with Tom tom, I called em direct, waste of a good hour!

Starting to look more and more like Tom Tom is going back and I'll try Sony or a n other.
Pity really cause I've used TT Navigator 3 and 5, with hardly any probs for years.

The only good thing to come from this, is 17 units were on order for the company fleet, other 16 are now cancelled. Can't see this problem being resolved anytime soon to be honest, so I'm thinking the money is going to be better spent elsewhere.
dm999uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Interesting Reply with quote

How nobody seems to know the answer for this one!!

TT .... shove it where the sun don't shine, bag of crap.

Sony here I come, it works, the TMC WORKS......the software works, and there seems to be more knowledge in the other forum, pretty much with immediate answers.

Thanks for all the errr help?!?!?
duffer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HORRAY - Went out to-day and bought a Belkin USB 2 PCI card and hey presto most of it is working now (fingers crossed).

A BIG thankyou to all of you who have given your valuable time to try and help me. You don't know how much it is appreciated. Well Done and again thanks
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting Reply with quote

dm999uk wrote:
How nobody seems to know the answer for this one!!
(. . . snip . . .)
and there seems to be more knowledge in the other forum, pretty much with immediate answers.

Thanks for all the errr help?!?!?

If someone else had experienced the problem you're having they would have posted (pretty much immediately) suggestions for overcoming it. If no one else has come across the situation how do you think they can give you an answer? Confused
Samsung Galaxy S21
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a reply to duffer here http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=60584&highlight=
dm999uk even admits to reading it although I can't see what is conflicting about it. duffer has bought the USB 2.0 PCI card and solved his problem.

dm999uk seems to have made up his mind that it is all TomTom's fault rather than try the solution.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
ianfreeman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Help needed with TT go 520 Reply with quote

dm999uk wrote:

Installed TT home on pc, go works fine for first day. Placed in dock at end of first day, updates downloaded etc, fine.
Second day, place go in the dock, error message along the line of I/O ......./ harddisk2/......... etc timed out. options of cancel try again continue.
No matter what, it will not connect to either Home or Home 2.

Daz

I had precisely this problem and realised it was because I had connected TT520 to my computer via a USB hub rather than direct. Problem solved!

Ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: