Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Not all POI's showing on Go 520
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Not all POI's showing on Go 520

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbonnick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Not all POI's showing on Go 520 Reply with quote

Hi

I have downloaded the POI's, unzipped them, and copied them into the map part of the SD card, so both the OV2 and BMP file are on the card in the right place, and through Windows Explorer I can see they are all there.

When I try to navigate to a POI it doesn't list all of them, in fact I think only 35 or so are there, for example 'Debenhams' is on the SD card but if I try and search for debenhams its not found, and yet Virgin Megastore is on there so I know the POI's are definately in the right place. I have dome the same thing as I did for the Go 510 which I had previously and never had any problems with that.

I have also just downloaded the Hollywood Bowl POI's from their website and added them but they don't show either. Am I missing something, does anyone have any ideas??

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of the software have you got, and how many .OV2 files do you have in the map folder in total?

There is a limit on the number of POI files you can have. It should be 100 on the 520, but you may have used up some of the capacity with Mapshare downloads.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to use Windows Explorer (or the Mac equivalent) NOT 'Home' to count how many ov2 files you have in your map folder.
100 is the limit in v6 and 7 software.

BTW "search" would find lots of previous mentions of this. Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: