Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom (Seperate Region Maps)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom (Seperate Region Maps)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick412
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: TomTom (Seperate Region Maps) Reply with quote

Hi All,
Is it possible (or something they may do in the future) to be able to pick from just one country map, as i only really need to add france to my nav 2 etc.

I have checked on tomtom.com, and you are now able to download map sections for a region for $19.99 each section. (cost me an arm for my route)

but wouldnt it be far better and more cost effective to offer individual country maps, & region sections, this way customers get what they need, and not just use 20% of the total map package purchased.?, and of course if you could add your ttnv2 activation code or cd case code it would be nice to result in some sort of discount for people how have already got their main software (as youve already paid out for software +uk etc)

I like the idea of the full western europe map, but realisticly, how many people actually need them all.?

Just my thought.

Cheers
Nick
Nick412
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo and i forgot :D

If they sold each country seperate for lets say £30 a country, more people would be inclined to buy as they would just get what they need, and wouldnt be put off buy spending £115 - £130 and only really using one extra country.

Cheers again
Nick
arturus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick
I do believe that in the past the maps were sold country by country----but not for £30 a shot. You were talking bigger money. It was a great day to get the whole of Europe for £115 to £130. Please don't take us back to the days when we almost payed that for each country.
Arturus
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the Europe maps package, your only option was to buy a separate copy of TomTom Navigator 2 for each country.

The Europe maps package was a huge improvement - once you'd bought one country, you could buy all the European maps for only a little more than the cost of a second country.

Arguably the best option if you're buying now and you want the European maps is to buy TomTom Navigator 2 USA, then the European maps - that way you get everything.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: