Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgrimsby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: New card Reply with quote

I know this has been asked and replied to a million times before and I do apologize for posting it again but I am the thickest dimmest brainless person this world has ever seen.
Please point me to the thread that gives instructions on transferring to a new memory card (tomtom 1 v2) I have just purchased a 1gb sandisk card and would like to use it in my tom tom. If the transfer involves windows explorer how do I get to it please? thanks in advance of any help and again very sorry for repeat threads.
wigfield
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its very easy follow these instructions http://www.yournav.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8310
forky
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=58534&highlight=backup

Samsung Galaxy S9 (o2) contract
mrgrimsby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info I did it ok but lost my start up screen and did a tomtom home restore and all is fine however I bought this sandisk 1 gb card from morrisons for 6.99 which is a bargain but is it fast enough? it says on the box it is gauanteed to fit all appliances so if its not fast enough i can take it back but what indication would iget telling me its too slow?
wigfield
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i was reading up i read tomtom requires sdcards with a minium of 10Mb/s read/write x66, I got my Kingston 2GB Ultimate SD Card the other day and its great i never had any probs copying over the data

I was lucky i paid £15.28 and two days afterwards the price went up to £27.03 http://www.onlinememory.co.uk/kingston-2gb-ultimate-sd-card-18mbs-p-412.html
mrgrimsby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well this card has no spec on the packaging at all or the card itself for that matter but is is genuine (or morrisons are in trouble) and it runs demos fine so I would imagine its ok. i would like to know the spec though
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the device boots up and is happy with the card installed you should be OK, if it is a little slow some of the route planning might take a little longer than other faster cards. If the card were too slow the device would reject it and refuse to boot up - Mike
mrgrimsby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it boots up fine mike and it seems ok in all departments so for 6.99 im not complaining. Thanks
mrgrimsby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now i have got so much room on my card I am going to download the poi's so any advice would be welcome ie do I download the whole lot or subcatagories?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just make sure you do not go over the 100 Custom POI categories on the device at any single time, if you do exceed the limit some of the POI files will not be used and you won't know which ones it has decided to "loose" - often the Specs cameras seem to go first!
Use the consolidate option where appropriate, ATM's and Fuel for example, does it matter where you get cash from or fuel from when you need either? - Mike
mrgrimsby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100 Mike? my only poi that i have put on here are the speed cameras so how many is that? if for instance if i downloaded whetherspoons pubs poi's is that one poi or however many pubs there are in that particular catergory. If you get my drift.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The limit is for 100 Custom POI Categories, each Category can contain thousands of individual locations though, the easy trick is to count up the number of files using a file extension of .ov2 when viewing the map folder with Windows Explorer, the files ending with .ov2 each count towards a single entry in the limit of 100 - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: