Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - go 720 report fault
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

go 720 report fault

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liverpoolcabby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: go 720 report fault Reply with quote

I have upgraded from g700 to g720 and in the help section wherever I am the nearest Police Stn-Doctors-Pharmacy shops all show in Ireland how do I report this it can not be done on TT site as they only go to G910. PS I have like a dope deleted my computer voice any one help me get it back.thanks chaps.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, for the voice problem have you just selected a non computer voice, in which case Change Preferences/ Voice Preferences/ Change Voice and scroll through the listed options until you find Kate English UK (it will say Female computer top right).

If you have actually removed the required files from the device have you got a back up of the 720 on your PC, or insert the disk that was supplied with your 720 and you can install the TTS computer voices from the disk.

If you don't have a back-up please make one this second, the disk only contains limitted information, it does not contain mapping data for example - your back up will be the only way to recover the device is it messes up at all.

As for all the Irish doctors, Police stations and Pharmacy's this is due to the poor quality POI file set shipped with the device, you can alert TomTom to this fact, but I suspect they know about it already.
You can use the map share features to update the POI files though so if you want local ones to yourself add them in to the map, then share this data with others (that’s the benefit of map share - if people use it) a small bit of added data by each user will aid everyone that uses the system, local knowledge is very valuable when doing this - Mike
liverpoolcabby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for all the Irish doctors, Police stations and Pharmacy's this is due to the poor quality POI file set shipped with the device, you can alert TomTom to this fact, but I suspect they know about it already.

How can I do this...........PS wonderful response to my query I thank you I have now got my voice back and am making a backup thanks again........
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a read of the guide Tim wrote detailing how to move a POI using map share, it can be found Here - instead of selecting the move POI option simply choose Add Missing POI, select the POI Category from the list and fill in the details.

I have just added ten doctors surgerys in Blackpool and had a confirmation e-mail from the TT Server that means they have my new data, so if you enable map share to the lowest level you should get the POI files I have added for Blackpool at some future point, along with updates from others that are using the system, if you add the POI please make sure you also fill out the phone number when asked, this could proove vital in the event of a true emergency when in unknown areas.

Glad to hear the voice is working again - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: