Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cameras missing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cameras missing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wetdogleader
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Cameras missing Reply with quote

I have recently downloaded the latest release onto my 910 but there seems to be cameras missing....I wondered if anyone else has the same problem or whether I have a faulty download. There are two new cameras in Cromwell rd (London) and another on the Embankment (Chelsea) which I'm sure members would have picked up on by now. Also the camera on the A406 Westbound near Ikea and on the A13 near the junction of the A406 going Eastbound. The last two have been in position for years.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are three new ones on Cromwell Road, two outside the museum and another further on (maybe Cromwell Road West even). I saw them on trips to London a week ago and was sure somebody must have reported them - and somebody had. But they are so new, they didn't catch the latest database release, 27th July. If you look on the site map, you will see them already, waiting to come out on the next release, which shouldn't be long now (MaFt, king of the database, has been on holiday for a few days, or I'm sure we'd have had a new release with them on already). Try looking for the other cameras you've mentioned, whilst you're at it.

If you do come across cameras not on the database, why not report them yourself? Chance of a free lifetime membership? Help the rest of the members get a better database. I'm sure you know what I mean.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
wetdogleader
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Cameras missing Reply with quote

The missing cameras for the A406 and the A13 are both showing on the map so I must have a faulty download. I will reload it. With regard to camera submissions, that is my other post as I has a 910 and there seems to be conflicting information as to whether you can use POI Capture with the 910 or not.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I haven't seen another post about POI Capture. I don't use it myself as I seem to never get the finger pressing right! I've become accustomed to the submission method on the site map (see link above) - you zoom way down right into where you know the new (or changed, or removed) camera to be and get the cross hairs on the exact spot, then click Update Coordinates and that gives the precise location and you fill in all the boxes above.

Simple when you know how - an absolute nightmare for me first time I tried it (AND the second time when I tried to correct what I'd made a mess of first time round!!). But I got there in the end and now I feel very much at home with the map.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: