Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Using TT Navigator 6 to Plot Coordinates
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Using TT Navigator 6 to Plot Coordinates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A9Traveller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Using TT Navigator 6 to Plot Coordinates Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm using TomTom Navigator 6 to plot coordinates on an off-road historic trail and can't find any instructions on how to get the map of the route I create off my handheld device and on to my PC so I can share the data with others.

Device is a Mio Digiwalker P550 running Windows Mobile software.

Am I right in assuming that as I walk round a route TomTom will map where I;ve walked?

Thanks
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Using TT Navigator 6 to Plot Coordinates Reply with quote

A9Traveller wrote:
I'm using TomTom Navigator 6 to plot coordinates on an off-road historic trail and can't find any instructions on how to get the map of the route I create off my handheld device and on to my PC so I can share the data with others.
Can you explain what you mean by using it to "plot coordinates"? Are you walking round the course and recording POI/favourites as you go or are adding the points to an ITN?
A9Traveller wrote:
Am I right in assuming that as I walk round a route TomTom will map where I;ve walked?
No. It won't log your route for later inspection. There are other utilities that will do this. Is this related to Q1 above? Perhaps best to start from the "Here's what I'd like to do, how could I best achieve it" point of view.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
A9Traveller
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BGF,

Yeah, start at the beginning - what I want to do is walk round a route and have the Navigator record the route I've walked so I can review it later. We are seperately taking specific waypoints to use as triggers to deliver content to the handheld device.

So I guess what I need to know is how do I record a route I'm following?

Thanks
A9Traveller
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom will not do this on a PDA, you could try using Fransons GPS Gate on the PDA to record trip logs which can be later viewed on a PC, to be honest as you are off road I would consider looking at a Topo map package for the device - have a look at Memory Map which can record your trip and displays full Ordnance Survey maps on the screen with present position - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: