Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion 205 help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion 205 help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliveuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Medion 205 help Reply with quote

hi, a friend got a medion go pal 205 off of ebay but the whole thing is running in french.
can someone give me a step by step guide and how to get it running in english as the manual isnt exactly clear.

thanks
Fatslag
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: language change Reply with quote

you dont say what version of software you have on your 205 but there is the option in the menu to change language if you cant find that by process of elimination then using activesync go into my flash disk\navigation\res folder here all the language files are installed, just copy all the folders to your pc hard drive as a backup, then delete all the folders like fr/ it /swe / ect. except the one called GB reset you medion it will only have one language file to use thats GB as you have deleted the rest. If you realy unlucky then you may have only the french installed.In which case you will need the install folder off you cd to reinstall the software
cliveuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one readme files says copy them into the 205`s memory in a directory called install and another said you can install them into the main directory on the sd card but nether way worked.
i will check the directory you gave me and see what i have.
Fatslag
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: uk lang Reply with quote

Your not realy making much sense. on your cd you should have a folder called INSTALL this folder and contents needs to be copied to either your sd card or your flash disk. Now using activsynce delete the file on My Flash Disk called mnavdce.exe or rename it. It is in the folder Navigation. This will make the medion automaticaly install the software. Or you can do it manualy as i described above
Make a backup of all files before you do anything also look at your cd's it will tell you what version you have if it is 1.1 then you have an older version you need to upgrade it to run windows apps
cliveuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only have the french langauge installed, where on the cd is the english langauge files?
oh and the cd says gopal navigator 2.0

if i copy the GB folder contents into the install folder and delete the file you said it installs but after if i click on the N for the navigator nothing happens.
cliveuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive phoned medion and they sent me a email explaining what to do... even the guy on the phone said its a complicated process... glad i never got this thing what a load of rubbish it is!
Fatslag
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: lang Reply with quote

Well first you say you bought it of ebay now you say your glad you did not buy it. It is a good device for the price and works as well as any other sat nav when you undestant how to use it. If i was you i would stick to the old fashion paper maps as you dont seem to know what you have or what your doing. I think just turning one of these devices on would tax your brain. HOW ABOUT YOU POST THERE EMAIL HERE LETS SEE HOW COMPLEX IT IS
cliveuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shows how much attention you were paying to my posts then doesnt it if you think i bought it off ebay, id read the first message again if i were you.

thank god forums are not full of people like you who get on there high horse and throw personal insults around because someone doesnt agree with you Rolling Eyes

oh and for the record i`ll bet i know alot more about computers etc than you.

have a nice day
Laughing
Fatslag
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Dumbo Reply with quote

It makes no difference if you bought it or your friend you asked for help and Medion and i tried help you but you failed to understand the basic instruction a five year old could have. You then come back and call it a piece of rubbish insulting everyone who owns one. This piece of rubbish as you call it can and does run totom. so anyone who has bought one has a tomtom unit for half the price. Everyone who bought one did not buy a piece of rubbish , they wanted a basic satnav unit to use now and then and some have actualy installed run tomtom. So before insinuating how stupid they are for buying one read the forum and educate yourself first. As for knowing more about computer than i do who cares! it is very doutfull you know much about anything
cliveuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in fact with medions instructions i done it first time.
you got on your high horse shouting and screaming like a kid because i dont share your views and your saying just because i said its a load of rubbish ive insulted everyone who has one, its my opinion nothing more.
you need to calm down.. go outside and take a deep breath
this is my last reply to you as i dont like talking to people like you.

no doubt you will come back with yet another personal attack on me and knowing im not gonna post replys to you anymore you will claim to have won and made me leave etc etc
so be it lifes to short to worry about people like you.

bye bye and i hope you calm down before you hurt yourself
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Dumbo Reply with quote

Fatslag wrote:
It makes no difference if you bought it or your friend you asked for help and Medion and i tried help you but you failed to understand the basic instruction a five year old could have. You then come back and call it a piece of rubbish insulting everyone who owns one. This piece of rubbish as you call it can and does run totom. so anyone who has bought one has a tomtom unit for half the price. Everyone who bought one did not buy a piece of rubbish , they wanted a basic satnav unit to use now and then and some have actualy installed run tomtom. So before insinuating how stupid they are for buying one read the forum and educate yourself first. As for knowing more about computer than i do who cares! it is very doutfull you know much about anything

It's the best £70.00 that I've spent for some time.......
Anyhow, Garry...are you still using your 205 & have you done any further mods??.....
Running Cameralert via Samsung S7 Edge
Fatslag
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

not yet dave have just got hold of a o2 xda-orbit been playing around with that for a few days
DaveNN
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: reply Reply with quote

Fatslag wrote:
not yet dave have just got hold of a o2 xda-orbit been playing around with that for a few days

Gary...MANY Thanks for the help given on the mods for the 205.
I'm not quite there yet..but it's now at a stage where it's no longer a brick!! :D

I'm not sure just how much more a.n.other knows about pcs...but you are no idiot!!...I owe you a pint!!

Cheers & Thanks mate!
Running Cameralert via Samsung S7 Edge

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: