Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom one V2 problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom one V2 problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asm1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Tomtom one V2 problem Reply with quote

Hi

Just last night my TT crashed whilst plotting a route. I didn't have a pin with me at the time to press the reset button, so put it in its case and drove home, with it being late dark and rainy I didn't want to fiddle too much sitting in the car. Got home and pressed the reset button which rebooted the unit but for the life of me I could not get it to switch off using the power button. Eventually it powered off off when I removed the SD card (bizarrely) Now I cant get the wretched thing to power on... I have tried powering on with reset pressed, powering on with SD card in and out and various combinations of the two. I even swapped the large capacity SD card that I was using for the original one I got with the unit and rinse-repeated the various steps above...
The battery I know to be charged, it was fine last night before it crashed - Normally I run it form the cigarette lighter in the car and have bought the home charger for it as well - the green light on the power button comes on as normal when charging, but other than that there is no life from the unit at all. Crying or Very sad

Up until now it has worked flawlessly. Is there anything else I can try or am I looking at a warranty repair ? - bought the unit in January of this year.

thanks for any and all advice

Andrew
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds then, with the original card inserted switch it on and see what happens - report back if this doesn't work - Mike
Asm1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried that - no joy Sad although the on/off button doesn't 'feel' right when I press it for some reason... Haven't been unduly heavy handed with it although it did fall off my dash and land in the footwell just before it crashed... I wonder if the switch has been damaged ?

cheers

Andrew
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old is it? - either take it back to where you bought it from for an exchange if its a recent purchase or arrange for return to TomTom for rectification under waranty - Mike
Asm1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

It was bought from Dixons online on 10th January 07. So I should be able to get it sorted - I hope. Not sure how I would return it short of going into a Dixons store and grovelling for a new one, although I doubt I'd get away with that.. Slight problem though is that I MAY have dumped the box it came in, I'm not sure where it is - although I sill have the receipt both online and on my PC at home. Dammit! Laughing Out Loud

Have flagged up a support ticket with Tomtom and will see what they say

cheers

Andrew
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you have the receipt ready to send as they will require that as proof of purchase, the UK support phone number is 0845 161 0009 should you need it, I would deal direct with TT rather than messing around with Dixons, don't worry about the box though it shouldn't be needed - Mike
Asm1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that - will keep you posted as to how I get on

cheers

Andrew
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would have trouble going into a Dixon's store to return it - there are very few (if any?) left on the high street now - they are all called Curry's Digital. Although Dixon's Online is owned by the same company, it is a completely separate brand and has very little or no relationship with the High Street.
Asm1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh shows you how long it has been since I shopped for electrical goods in the high street Embarassed :p

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: