Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - lost map ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

lost map ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geffersboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: lost map ? Reply with quote

Smile hi, help needed please, ive got a tomtom go 300 and had the camera download [ poi ] on it since last year , but somehow ive now lost it from the tomtom/ but it is still on my comp backup .
but when i try to install it back on to t.t. it comes up saying -[ at least 1 map needed ? ] thing is does the poi come with its own map ? .
because my t.t. has got the great britain map on it , which works ok./ . but is not showing up on the comp when its plugged in ?.. the voices -postcodes, and colour schemes are showing up on comp/ ..
or am i looking at a fault on my t.t. .regards, g.b.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit more info needed....
Which camera database? TomTom's or the PGPSWorld one?
How are you 'installing' it? TomTom Home or Windows Explorer?
How are you looking at the contents of the Go? TomTom Home or Windows Explorer?

If you can get your PC to show the contents of the Go's SD card JUST using Windows (close all instances of "Home", we might be getting somewhere.

To answer your question, no the POI don't come with their own map, you load the POI file (.ov2 format and .bmp format for the picture icon) into the existing map folder.
geffersboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: re,lost map. Reply with quote

sorry about late reply,
its pgps database.
installed on tom tom home .
looking at contents via tom tom home.
and yes i can get the card imfo up with the card reader.- and nothing else on. -but its got a load of stuff on it, let me know where next and ill do me best. Smile .regards. g.b.
ps, yes i thought it didnt have its own map.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, have a look at the contents of the SD card (you can either take it out and put it in a card reader, or just connect the TomTom up to the PC with a USB cable, the PC will then recognise the Go as a new hard drive).

Once you've got the contents showing in Windows Explorer, find the folder with your maps in (this will be called "Great_Britain-Map" or "UK and IE plus major roads of WE" or something similar depending on your map version).

Inside that folder you need to have the PGPSW camera files. You haven't said which version of the database you were using (single file,consolidated by type or speed-zoned) so you will have anything from one to 24 or so files with names like pocketgps_uk_gatso_20.ov2.
Are they there? If so, you should be able to find them listed when you go to "enable/disable POIs" on the Go (once you've disconnected from the PC and it has re-booted).
If not, report back and we'll go to the next step.
geffersboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: re, no maps. Reply with quote

right andy, ive got the card up on the card reader as i said , it has got the great britain map. when i point at it i see -
size.17.4mb.
folders: tomtom, poicapture 1.01g. pgpsw-speed-cams. files:mapsettings. cfg,great britain.mms.
when i click explore, i have - yellow box pgpsw-speedcams.
yellow box-poicapture,1.01g.
yellow box - tomtom.
great britain mms file 1kb.
great britain postal.
map settings cfg.
new word pad. documents.
poicapture.1.01g.[ yellow file ]
hope this helps, .regards. gb.
geffersboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: re,no maps. Reply with quote

forgot./ when the card is in the tomtom it shows all other poi - but no pocketgps etc. ?
as i said it did show it and work ok/ when it was done last year, but has just disapeared ?. g.b.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, having a bit of trouble working out what you mean with all this yellow box stuff
(unless you mean the folder symbol?), and the files you list don't seem right at all.
For example the "Great_Britain.Postal" file is normally in the "zip" folder, and there should be files called
cline.dat, cname.dat and cnode.dat in your map folder.
You need to make sure you have a firm idea of the difference between files and folders...

Let's try a different tack... Here is a screen shot of Windows explorer showing the contents
of my "UK and IE plus major roads of WE" map folder with only the speed-zoned camera POIs installed:

From that you should be able to see how the PGPSW camera files should sit in the map folder.
Don't worry if some of the other files are different,
this should be close enough to give you the idea.
From what you say above it looks like you might have the camera files
INSIDE another folder that is then in the map folder?
If so, take them out! They need to be individually inside the map folder as in my pic.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you downloaded the actual speed camera database or the POICapture program that can run on the device? - can you please check, if necessary re-download the files from this site then open up the zip folder where you should find the pocketgps_uk_....... against each POI file, if your download contains folder(s) when it is unzipped I reckon you have the POICapture by mistake.
Click Here for POICapture
Click Here For the speed cameras
- Mike
geffersboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think im going to have to re download the database again beacuse my folder is empty. somewhere along the line they must of been deleted.
will let you know how i get on. regards gb
geffersboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: re , lost map. Reply with quote

:D hi andy, pleased to say tom tom now has pocketgps camera,s etc. all working again/ daughter in law looked at all what you had put down and the diagram , and by following it all she somehow sussed it all out [ i have an L plate when it comes to comps ] and on a last ditch attempt before downloading it again she got it onto the tomtom. :D
i believe it was somethink to do with them not in the map as you had described it should be showing.
oh, and there was no map in the tomtom ? for them to be on ? .
ive never deleted anythink/ anyway my sincere thanks for all your patiance and help , [ nill from t.t. ] its a great site , keep up the good work/ happy motoring. regards. geffersboy. :D
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it sorted Thumbs Up
Daughters-in-law are obviously more useful than mothers-in-law!
geffersboy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: re, no maps. Reply with quote

:D only with your help/ Smile . thats a yes about mothers in law , dunno if me missis would agree Laughing . anyway thanks again. regards. g.b.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: