Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - V& cameras please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

V& cameras please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Platos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: V& cameras please Reply with quote

I have a v7 and am looking for speed cameras for it. Can anyone help me? Please. Confused
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you be more specific as to what the hardware and sofware your device is running, then someone can offer you more specific advice, PS welcome to the forum by the way - Mike
Platos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Can you be more specific as to what the hardware and sofware your device is running, then someone can offer you more specific advice, PS welcome to the forum by the way - Mike

The hardware is a V7 Navigation 1000 sat nav (German I am sure). The software as far as I can tell is produced by My Guide ltd (Germany). The help desk is in Germany as well. I bought it from www.ebuyer.com. for £120.00 including P&P. It is a realy good sat nav better than Tom Tom in my opinion.

It has the speed limits of every road in it. I had a shock when I first used it as it told me I was exceding the speed limit. :D
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It has the speed limits of every road in it. I had a shock when I first used it as it told me I was exceeding the speed limit.

How update-able is that? As the Government policy seems to be one of control via Speed Limit Reduction rather than education or training i wonder how soon you'll be in the situation of travelling down a 40 mph road at 60 mph because the V7 Navigation 1000 hasn't warned you of the correct limit.

In fact i wonder how many are already out of date or even just incorrect. Sounds like a Dangerous "safety" feature to me....
Platos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How update-able is that?

I have not a clue aat the moment as I can't find any site to update it.

As for the feature it self I would not rely on it and will continue to look for visable speed signs. however it it is a usefull backup. you can switch the feature off.

The unit also cam with Irish,Western Europe and Easten Europe maps.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a pretty unknown make...
I think you are going to have to help us to help you.
Find out (by reading the manual or emailing the manufacturers) whether the unit can install "user POIs" and if so, in what format.
Also try to find out the name of the software installed (the unit seems to be WindowsCE-based).
Report back your findings, and we should be in a better position to advise Smile
Platos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will phone them to morrow. Embarassed
Platos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back.

The software is "igo" apparently simular to the M10 310x. If that makes sence to anyone.

I have a phone numers in germany.I have phoned them once before and they answered in English as soon as they picked up the phone.

I think I will give them a ring to morrow.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think its possible to add anything to that device, there is the memory card but no means of connecting it to a PC (unless you mess around trying to use the RDS-TMC connection, but I wouldn't advise this as I don't know if it will work - I read about this possible connection somewhere else, but cannot for the life of me remember where Embarassed ).

There is no way to get the device to warn of POI so even if you load up a camera database the software will not use it.

The road speed information contained in the device is very good, its more accurate than enything else I have tried - give it a run down Preston New road and then down the A583 towards Preston and even the new(ish) 40MPH section near Peel Corner is correct Wink So it does offer some degree of protection against speeding - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
How update-able is that? As the Government policy seems to be one of control via Speed Limit Reduction rather than education or training i wonder how soon you'll be in the situation of travelling down a 40 mph road at 60 mph because the V7 Navigation 1000 hasn't warned you of the correct limit.

In fact i wonder how many are already out of date or even just incorrect. Sounds like a Dangerous "safety" feature to me....

It's part of the later TeleAtlas Map Data, TomTom has road speeds in their current v6 release.
Platos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I don't think its possible to add anything to that device, there is the memory card but no means of connecting it to a PC (unless you mess around trying to use the RDS-TMC connection, but I wouldn't advise this as I don't know if it will work - I read about this possible connection somewhere else, but cannot for the life of me remember where Embarassed ).

There is no way to get the device to warn of POI so even if you load up a camera database the software will not use it.

The road speed information contained in the device is very good, its more accurate than enything else I have tried - give it a run down Preston New road and then down the A583 towards Preston and even the new(ish) 40MPH section near Peel Corner is correct Wink So it does offer some degree of protection against speeding - Mike

I will phone the number in Germany.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: