Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Brodit vs Cellustar for C500..?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Brodit vs Cellustar for C500..?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bingo_Accent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Brodit vs Cellustar for C500..? Reply with quote

Having recently bought TomTom Mobile 5, I'm looking to get a car mount/cradle for my Orange SPV C500 - trying to read the ickle map, as the phone slides around the passenger seat is harder than I expected... Confused

I've looked at the reviews on this site, and am trying to decide between the Brodit Pro-Clip and the Cellustar Safety-Clip as the mount to hold a Brodit active holder.

The issue I've got is which position to go for. With the C500's screen obviously being significantly smaller than that of a PDA, I need something reasonably close at hand.

The Brodit one for my car (a 2003 Honda Accord) looks to be in a bit of an odd position though. (http://www.brodit.se/images/653581-4.jpg) I can imagine this blocking access to the radio buttons, once the cradle is in place.

The Cellustar one (http://www.cellustar.co.uk/acatalog/honda4.gif) doesn't look a whole heap better though. It seems to be designed to fit next to the vent, and having scanned a few postings on this forum, I'm a bit wary about ease of fitting/impact on my dashboard.

Any suggestions for the newbie?
Bingo_Accent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, having actually thought about this whilst sat in my car, I don't think either of them are any good. They both look as though the phone would be hidden behind the steering wheel - fine if you are only taking calls, but not much use if you actually want to be able to glance at the screen whilst driving.

I think I'll pop along to Stuff 4 Mobiles R Us and get something for £2.99 to clip to the vent, and hope for the best.....
bunnyman69
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have used my spv 500 for ages and all i used was a universal car holder with like a ratchet type clamp on it with foam pads and cost well less than a fiver and the beauty of the spv is that once it is clamped to get it out just slide it up as the taper of the phone locks nice and secure.
Something you must get is a car charger cant remember now what sort of life u get but i'm sure i was getting about 4 hrs maximum out of mine and if you are like me and play with ya phone doing various crap you wont have no power left to answer/make any calls. I just got a simple plug in type for a fiver of the net.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo_Accent wrote:
In fact, having actually thought about this whilst sat in my car, I don't think either of them are any good. They both look as though the phone would be hidden behind the steering wheel - fine if you are only taking calls, but not much use if you actually want to be able to glance at the screen whilst driving.

I think I'll pop along to Stuff 4 Mobiles R Us and get something for £2.99 to clip to the vent, and hope for the best.....

I like Brodit, it's superb quality. As I have a heap of them in my car why not do what I do and order the LHD version so you can install on the left of the dashboard?

Aletrnatively, they also have a spacer plate that can be affixed to the ProClip to move any crdale you mount to it an inch ro so right or left of the clip itself.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: