Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Audio quality using TomTom ONE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio quality using TomTom ONE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Audio quality using TomTom ONE Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone on hear can answer this question for me? I will say at the outset that to answer the question fully you will need to have had experience of or used the earlier versions of TomTom e.g. GO300 and the present TomTom One. My neighbour has been in my car a number of times when I have used my GO300 and he's now sold on the idea of a TomTom satnav device. One of the questions he would like answering though before he makes a purchase concerns audio quality. The GO range have very good audio quality mainly due to the size and quality of the speaker. The neighbour is not convinced the ONE will be as good as previous version due it it being much slimmer. Can anyone advise please?
Geoff_UK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a colleague of mine has a Go500 and the One isn't quite as good as that, but in my opinion, it's still loud and clear.

Hope this helps??
46jimbo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a former Classic owner, I had the same concern as you. Although the sound of the One is not as 'full' as the Classic, it is certainly adequate. I have never had a situation where I couldn't understand the instructions.
peterg1955
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: They're both fine :) Reply with quote

Coincidentally I had my TomTom GO300 and my wife's TomTom ONE v2 in my car yesterday afternoon (long story) - mine near the A pillar and hers in the centre of the windscreen - they both relayed the same "after 300 yards, turn left" instructions within a second of each other and were both easy to hear in my diesel Skoda Octavia - and to be honest, to my 51 year old ears they sounded identical..... Rolling Eyes

The main benefit of the ONE v2 over the older 'classic' models apart from the obvious one of being much smaller and lighter is that the screen is brighter and easier to read in bright sunlight. 8)
Faust
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks people - I have just told my neighbour to log onto this site and read your comments. I was interested to hear for my own consumption that the new screens are brighter than the older models e.g. GO300 though to be honest I don't look at my screen that much as I tend to listen to what JANE has to say rather than look. I usually do what she tells me Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: