Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - medion go pal 210 poi mobile speed cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

medion go pal 210 poi mobile speed cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve31569
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: medion go pal 210 poi mobile speed cameras Reply with quote

hi guys!

first post!! Laughing

have a medion go pal 210 and want to put on the mobile speed camera database poi files butr have had no luck.

i have copied the files into te correct place but no mobile cameras are showing up.

any ideas?
benthamist
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The instructions are crap. It took me all day to figure it out too. First of all I didn't know there was such a feature but then when I was tinkering I realised it was installing something but it didn't work.

However, a little red square would appear in the bottom right. If you click it (might need to calibrate the screen first) then you get a screen come up which is a disclaimer: click the accept button and the little square turns green and you have limit signs appear where there are cameras. None of the Medion manuals on hardcopy or on CD mentions any of this.

I have yet to discover how to do regular updates of the factory installed data of asc files that still maintain the bitmaps of 30, 40, 50 limit signs, etc. I subscribed for downloads for a month thinking correctly that what I would get would be rubbish that doesn't work for me. £2 isn't so bad though.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's instructions are crap?

Are you talking about the PGPSW cameras or something supplied by Medion?
If it is the database from here, would YOU like to write some insructions to help out others?
benthamist
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I imply that it is the Medion GoPal 210 instructions that are not complete. They package the POI-Warner but there is nothing to say how to use it or how to get updates. I got it to work by being curious about the little red symbol that kept popping up at the bottom right. I tried pressing it but it wasn't until careful calibration of the screen was caried out that it did anything.

The sum total of Medion's instructions on camera alerts is on the box where it says they are preloaded. That's it. I have no idea what version of POI-Warner is installed or how to keep the database up-to-date.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: