Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Memory on my new tomtom
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Memory on my new tomtom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
budjazz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Memory on my new tomtom Reply with quote

Hi, I have just bought a new tomtom one v2 europe and I want to download your safety camera database to it, does my tt have enough built in memory to take the download or do I have to buy a sd card? I'm new to satnav's and this site so any help would be great. Thanks. :P
tonys66
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is different cam downloads for devices that cant take all or are limited on the amout of poi's thay can have you should have version 6 or above on yours i think so 100 poi's for you so no problem
budjazz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: memory on my tomtom Reply with quote

ok, so should I delete the cameras I download free that came with my tt? (as it does not seem very up-to-date and incomplete) and must take up memory.
Also which download should I choose? and will this give me all types of cameras in the uk and when approaching a camera will it give me a warning and show me the speed for that road?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: memory on my tomtom Reply with quote

budjazz wrote:
ok, so should I delete the cameras I download free that came with my tt? (as it does not seem very up-to-date and incomplete) and must take up memory.
Also which download should I choose? and will this give me all types of cameras in the uk and when approaching a camera will it give me a warning and show me the speed for that road?
If you want more Free Memory then perhaps you could Delete some of the Unused Navigation Voices. You can do this on the Device itself in Change Preferences. Each one is on average 1MB.

If you want to know the different speeds that the cameras are operating at, then you need the Speed Zoned Download. The Camera Warning will give the Warning of the Trigger Speed of the camera, but it won't announce anything as the road changes speed limit.

When you have everything loaded to the Device that you want, you will still need about 2MB of Free memory on the SD Card for the TT to be able to Prepare and Calculate a Route. If you don't leave this Free Space you will get weird and frustrating operation.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
budjazz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: memory on my tomtom Reply with quote

thanks but my new tt does not have a sd card so would the same apply to the internal memory? How big is the speed zoned download?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: memory on my tomtom Reply with quote

budjazz wrote:
thanks but my new tt does not have a sd card
Confused

If you have a ONE Europe the Map data is on an SD Card.

See http://www.tomtom.com/products/section.php?ID=234&Section=381&Category=0&Lid=1

The size of the camera Files are about 450KB.

budjazz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: memory on my tomtom Reply with quote

I thought the maps would be on a sd card. but there was no sd card supplied in the box with my tt, but the tt works fine and all the europe maps seem to be loaded in the unit.
I bought my tt from halfords and the box was sealed, should I have had a sd card aswell as the maps preloaded?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SD Card may already have been in the unit. Not normally. The Maps are just under 1GB.

If memory serves correctly the SD Slot is in the bottom of the unit.

budjazz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: memory on my new tomtom Reply with quote

There was definatley no sd card supplied with the unit and it is not fitted in the card slot.
When I opened the box I was supprised when there was no sd card but when the unit was charged and worked correctly I assumed that tt no longer supply a card with the new tt one v2 and the maps were pre-loaded.
Do you still think I should have had a sd card? If so Should I contact tt or halfords?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you have a look at the bottom of the ONE and tell us what numbers are there? Not the barcode number. the one by the TomTom Logo.

budjazz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: memory on new tomtom Reply with quote

( 4N00.005 ) Why?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was just to see which Device you actually have. I haven't got a ONE so will have to get back to you on this.

budjazz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: memory on my tomtom Reply with quote

Ok thanks for your help, It would be nice to know if i've got what I should have.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you have the very latest ONE that has 1Gb of memory built-in in addition to an SD card slot.

We're all a bit surprised because thy were announced in Las Vegas in January but we did not know they were available to retail yet!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
It sounds like you have the very latest ONE that has 1Gb of memory built-in in addition to an SD card slot.
In which case who's a lucky boy. Smile

The principle of Free Memory will still apply which ever sort of memory you have. I have no idea how an SD Card would work with the built-in memory.

There should be a manual on the CD. Perhaps that will give you (and us), a clue.

Don't forget to do a Backup, usually before you put something new on. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: