Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin i3 successful poi upload.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin i3 successful poi upload.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gothic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Garmin i3 successful poi upload. Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I thought i would share my good news,i had been given a disc which contained the speed cam database,after my second attempt my pc returned a mesage 8395 poi's succesfully uploaded,i disconnected my i3 from the machine,then turned it on(ni-cad batteries),horrrified by the message on the screen,please re-connect the gps to the machine containing the gps software,i actually thought i had deleted everything as the only thing on the screen was a pc symbol which displayed a usb cable attached to what i assumed was my gps unit, i went back into the poi database and my i3 then displayed a message 'transferring data' after about 2 minutes i disconnected the i3 and then got into my car,to see if i could get a good satellite lock,at first it displayed my recent finds as some two hundred and odd miles away,i then started driving after a couple of minutes to my delight it showed my location map, a further few hundred yards up the road my first alert flashed up,just thought i would share,i am still new to all this for all you tekkies out there so i do hope i have made some sense.

Gothic. :D
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm guessing this is a cd from Maplin? If not then I'm afraid you have both an illegal database and a very out of date one.. at present there are around 11,000 speed cameras in the database!

well done for getting them installed though ;)

MaFt
gothic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Garmin i3 successful poi upload. Reply with quote

Hi MaFt
Will check it's origin,the main reason for obtaining a disk is the fact that i use a mac computer and as far as i know to date garmin have not released
software which is compatible for downloads,hence the disc used on my sons
pc which is not connected to the internet,if you can help with the latest updates via cd/floppy disc i would be most sincerely grateful.

Gothic Sad
grubby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure on how to use these forums, but I have a Garmin nuvio 300, I have just installed a POI loader and a speed camera database. The problem I have is the alert tones are not working even though I have the alerts switched on for custom POI's. Can anybody help

Regards
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi gothic,

the best way would be to download the latest version of Garmin's POI Loader from www.garmin.com/poiloader and burn this to disc and install it on your sons pc.

Then also subscribe to the members area of the site (click 'join' at the top of any page - £2 for a month or £19 for a full year). this will give you access to the latest speed camera databases as well as regular competitions and members only forums and discounts. you can download this from any computer (pc or mac) and then you only need to take the latest database version to your son's pc to get them installed.

if it was the maplin cdrom then, from memory, that dates back to october 2005!

hope that helps!

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: