Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - problems with bt332 and dell axim/tt5 - originally worked ok
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

problems with bt332 and dell axim/tt5 - originally worked ok

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tokashigazu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: problems with bt332 and dell axim/tt5 - originally worked ok Reply with quote

hi, hope someone can help....i have an axim x50v with a bt332 receiver and tomtom installed. recently my axim's battery ran down including the backup and left me having to reinstall the device [hard reset]. i did this no problems, with the tomtom and gps info software installed again no visable problems. the thing is now when i try to pair my receiver it goes through the process, asks for the '0000' key and says its done it. [even though it now shows a blue question mark over it in the paired devices and the shortcut icons...i dont remember this being there before?!]
anyway i then try tomtom and it asks me to pair my device, which i have done and it then cant find it when the program continues it is configured as was, com ports 7/8 and 38400 baud rate.
gps info also comes up no device so does gps tuner program.
when i check through the bluetooth manager and connect the device it shows a good signal connection.
can anyone give me any clues...have read some posts and tried clean new installs, taking battery out of gps device etc but nothing working. who should i try to contact re this. gps is the main reson to use my pda so i'm very frustrated. it has worked like a dream for 14 months now and then this!!!
have checked and i get the slow blue led flash once a second first...on checking the device through bluetooth manager it speeds up, but no sign of any green flashing led.
i am running wm2003se.
any help or advice would be welcomed....
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you have created the bond between the Dell and the GPS - including selection of the Serial Port Profile (SPP) mode, have you tried tap and hold on the GPS icon in Bluetooth Manager, from the pop-up box select "Connect" - now start TomTom and does it see anything? - The clue that communication is taking place is the little yellow/ Blue disk (top right of the GPS status page) if this is spinning it is seeing data, if its stationary there is still something wrong - Mike
tokashigazu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi and thanks for trying to help...

yes in b/m i can connect to the bt332, it tell me the signal is just right....and the blue led flashes quicker on the bt332. however [and i have now downloaded visualgps as something different to try software wise] on starting any software tt5/gps info or visualgps none manage to find a gps device. tt5 constantly brings up the pair your device message which suggests a problem as in b/m i have paired the device. i dont recall having the blue question mark over the icon before when it was working prior to hard reset....could it be the hard reset missed some registry files or am i grasping at straws?
please help....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: