Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Unable to move downloaded camera info to TOMTOM ONE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to move downloaded camera info to TOMTOM ONE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CURLS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Unable to move downloaded camera info to TOMTOM ONE Reply with quote

After buying a TOMTOM ONE this week I was keen to pay my £19 and find out where all tehse cam's are around the uk for when I travel....I am stumped at the first hurdle and after 2 hours I am no closer to working out how to get the downloaded info onto my TOMTOM ONE. I have got to (13) on the installation instructions for TOMTOM ONE but can not find Great_Britain-map on my TOMTOM ONE which is where I have to paste the downloaded info.

Can anyone help......!

Ian
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those instructions are out of date.... can you give us a link to the page so the admin can get them updated?

The instructions should have said "copy them into your map folder, which will have a name something like ..."

Depending on which version of the One you have you will either have GB and Eire maps or full Europe maps.
'Great_Britain-Map' was the correct name of the map folder for v5 maps, but for v6 maps it was renamed to 'UK and IE plus major roads of WE'.
I can't be certain of the exact name of the v6 European map folder, but I think it is 'Western Europe'. (v5's was something like 'Western_Europe-Map').

If you only have one map installed, the name of the folder will be something fairly obvious! If, when you open the folder, there are some big files called 'cline.dat', 'cname.dat' and 'cnode.dat', then you are in the right place Smile .

Don't forget to un-zip the files before you copy them into the map folder too Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: