Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion GoPal PNA350 - Cut Down Version?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion GoPal PNA350 - Cut Down Version?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frglee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Medion GoPal PNA350 - Cut Down Version? Reply with quote

As many of you will know, Asda are selling the GoPal Pna350 for £149.95 at the moment.

I'm just wondering if this is a "cut down" version of the original.

I've been reading through some posts from 18 months ago about the GoPal and they mention that the TMC module comes included and that there is also a choice of 2D or 3D views of the maps. Mine certainly didn't come supplied with the module (I think it's available as a extra) and I can't find any way of enabling the 3D view.

Just a thought!

Lee.
RODTROTTER
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you get poi warner to work on yours it will not on mine i cant get 3d maps too
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

might be an idea to go in to the map display the settings should be there it if has the same as ive seen

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
frglee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can ANYBODY get POI-Warner to work correctly on the PNA350? As I said in a previous post, navigate.de say there is a problem installing -and specifically - registering the software on these devices and they are working on a fix for it.

There is nothing in the Settings - at least that I can find - that will allow a 3D view of the maps.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funnily ive seem the same thing with a freinds unit

device Lumia 950 xl
RODTROTTER
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i spoke to medion today about the 3d maps they saud there are 3 gopal 350 the me ver has not got 3d maps but in 3 to 4 weeks they will have new software for this unit to give you 3d maps they send out two new disks and you send back your old ones and then you must reinstall the mem card with the software so phone them in 4 weeks and order your disks its free so fill your boots
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did have a unit for reveiw but had problem with it and am awaiting another unit itll be interesting to see what verion of the application is on it then

device Lumia 950 xl
bazz2004
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had loads of problems with POI-Warner which in the end turned out to be due to my installing the GoPal version on my GoPal PNA350 with TMC MD95770. This has Navigator 5.1 mapping software and the correct version of POI-Warner for this model of the GoPal PNA350 is the one for Navigator 5.1 (or 1.5 on the navigating.de site )
Smile

Things wouldn't work properly until I completely removed the GoPal version of POI-Warner. That proved difficult to do. When it's up and running properly the software is impressive.
jonnymuesli
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought one of the medion pna 350s from asda , now at 99.99 . Inside was a voucher for 5euros off price of poi warner so i used it and and downloaded proper version for the gopal me 1.1 software that came on the unit. It worked a treat and even gave me speed camera poi's from dec 2006 , not too out of date i hope.
Have to say its a bit naughty of medion packaging 3 different versions of the 350 , where the asda version i got only has 2d maps , must be the ME verison that doesnt have 3d maps. While its not really a big problem because the software with poi warner ontop is quite good infact and so far its been solid for getting me to where i want to go. I did ring medion and after pushing the consumer misleading approach of the box indicating 3d maps they agreed to send me later software.
The new software came and only difference on disc seems thats its the AE version. Well ive followed instructions and cant get it to install.
Cleared memory card and put new software on memory card and rebooted pna 350 unit, it started to install but got stuck in a loop of repeatedly installing and overwriting. Dont know what ive done wrong but it just wouldnt have it so i went back to 1.1 ME i got with unit. Any ideas why it wouldnt install?
Question
Mikey1209
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can download the gopal update 1.1 ae if you have the me version and then you have 3d mapping.
Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: