Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Not so happy with Tom Tom 3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Not so happy with Tom Tom 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swarrans
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Not so happy with Tom Tom 3 Reply with quote

1st post and already grumbling! (I'm nice really!)

Well, I was dead chuffed yesterday when I managed to get an Ipaq 2210 with TT3 and wired car kit for £299 (plus £40 for a 256MB CF card) but now I'm not so sure!
1. It looks like you can "only" use it when powered from the ciggie lighter and one of my cars (vintage) doesn't have one! I guess I'll have to put a power take off in discretely.
2. I loaded full GB maps and MRE onto the card, but it seems you have to select one or the other rather than have them seemlessly integrated.
3. Screen almost invisible in an open car
4. voice commands too quiet in an open car (I guess I can use headphones)
5. I thought it had postcode search, but mine doesn't seem to (and I downloaded 3.02 etc)

I have to say I also find the menus etc really hard to use, but I guess I'll get used to them..

Am I wrong about any of the above? - I'd particularly like the postcode search.

Thanks, and I'll be less miserable next post!

Simon
biggy7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello mate welcome to the forums

i new have just come into the pda/tomtom scene,

you will find that most tomtom uses like yourself are not happy about the postcode lookup that tomtom offers, in fact the database has alot of flaws!

there is however a postcode plug in that you can use, you can get it from http://www.digitools.co.uk/home.php

basically you just type in the postcode you want to get to and click on navigate to, and from where ever you are, it will calculate your way to it, very easy and a software you will prob use the post Smile

you can also check the tomtom section of these forums, loads of info there mate. Including an open letter that has been sent to tomtom by many forum members regarding the database, they say its being looked at, but we shall see if theres a solution.

hope this helps

enjoy
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pda is battery powered and as the map user interface gps engine all need to add to that any plug in software ie checpooint tt traffic this adds up to lot of power from a small battery so un fortunatly youll need to power the pda on trip that takes a couple of hours all the pda programes reqire this as do the garmin ones so sorry but thats life

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: