Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - IPAQ 3950 and TTNavigator v5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

IPAQ 3950 and TTNavigator v5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ratspom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: IPAQ 3950 and TTNavigator v5 Reply with quote

Hi,
I have an ipaq 3950 running windows ce 3.0 I have upgraded my Ipaq's ROM version from 1.10.00 to 1.11.00 ENG unfortunately a consequence of doing the uprade meant losing all installed software. I reinstalled my original TT3 and uprade TT5 and latest TTv5.21, also I installed Checkpoint 5.2.

Now whenever I wish to use TT5 via Checkpoint 5.2 I have to firstly goto Start, settings, system, gps on the IPAQ and check that I have the com3 port tick box selected for TT Navigator GPS then I start the checkpoint 5.2 program and select Navigate and when TT5 is running goto Change Preferences, Show GPS Status , choose configure and select TomTom cable GPS and Ok only then will TT5 pick up satelites.

I'm sure I never had to do this routine before, once all the options were selected I simply started TT5 via checkpoint and away it went

I would be very grateful if someone could help me fix this

Many Thanks

MAc
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First,

un-install checkpoint and get TT5.21 working correctly. You should not have to set up the GPS each time.

Configure the GPS from the TomTom Settings pages.

Then re-install Checkpoint. I used to run Checkpoint 5 with TT5 versions and a cabled GARMIN GPS Mouse. I never had the problem you describe. I started Checkpoint and it started TT5 up and off I went. Eventually I 'ditched' Checkpoint as I wasn't using all the functionallity - I used the TT in-built POI warning - it's simple but it works well.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing.

It looks as if you may have a problem with your TT3 to TT5.21 as you shouldn't have a separate GPS driver with TT5.21.

When I replaced my iPaq 3660 with a Dell AXIM X51v I seemed to recal I installed TT V5 direcvtly - even though it was an upgrade. I seem to recall that it asked for the V3 product code.

If in doubt - do a hard reset and start from scratch.

Phil
Ratspom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,
Thanks for your suggestions PhilPugh. I'll uninstall CP5 and see how I get on. I'll report back later.

Ta

Mac

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: